Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you believe this?!? My kids go to public school and the school says they are going to teach them this evolution nonsense! an

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, not to start some war, but, if you don't like the way you're kid is being taught, either change there school, or quit complaining. Seriously, if you don't believe in Darwinism, you don't, but some do, and thats there opinion. Just because we don't teach religion in school doesn't make the government communist, its that people don't have the same religion, and they don't all follow all of the same things. You're argument is completely irritation in my opinion, we all don't have to believe the same things, and thats why this great country was created. Follow?

Now, Hows the fishing where you're at everyone???

Comment

Not even going to go there on this subject because with my views I would get alot of negatives. But it was all in the way we were raised and what we believe in. I am a free thinker and allow other the same opportunity. To same that evolution could not possibly happen is ridiculous, and to say that there is only one holt book is just as ridiculous. Were you there when the book was written? Where you there when the fish turned into mammals? All of it is hearsay if you really think about it. Again I am not bashing anything I am just saying that everyone have their own opinions. Well I guess I went there.

Comment

By the way, if we did teach religion in school, someone could complain, nobody always agrees on everything, so I see no point to this argument. If it bugs you so much, go create you're own school, no one says you can't. People have the right to believe whatever they want, and the schools are just teaching a second opinion on the idea.

Comment

And if you think about it, Evolution makes more sence that everything just appearing on the earth, (To some.)
          So I see no valid reason to complain, and I'm sure there is a school that teaches neither of the theories, too. Its not communism, there not saying we can't teach religion in school, there are many schools that do.

Who is going hunting this weekend???

Comment

there is a thing called seperation of church and state.yes its bullshit,but its been there forever.god made adam and eve,but he also made monkeys so what if science has its own opinion of history.ive argued with numerous people over it.if it pisses you off that much remember this,while they are being proven wrong by satan,you, me and everyone else will be with the man upstairs in heaven.

Comment

You can find proof in the natural world for your kids!! for example a flood happened biblically 4000 years ago and for some reason...............

the oldest known tree-brislecone pine-4000 yrs
              oldest desert on the planet- sahara 4000 yrs
              most major rivers on the planet(considering flood receding)4000 yrs erosion

Plus when a clam dies it opens up..so how do you explain fossilized clams in a closed position????
              atop the worlds highest mountains to boot.

anyways big topic da da da by the way Darwin never explained his theories as truths only theories for the questions he had.

If a buck sheds his antlers in the winter and grows a bigger set the next year is he evolving??--Heck no hes just increasing his chances of ending up on my wall,,,so that would mean evolution just might be a real dumb idea huh??

Comment

We learned about evolution in school, and I graduated in 1993. How exactly was Obama responsible for that? The Bible is a book of STORIES! It's not a history book. In fact, it's STORIES are almost identical to many STORIES found in Islam's Koran, whick is a much older book. I belive in God, but I don't think that means one can't also believe in evolution. I personally find it humorous how some religious folks bash 'Science" constantly, but when a loved one gets ill, where do you take them? The Hospital, where leaps and bounds in SCIENCE save lives every day. I wonder, why don't you take your sick child to church and pray for them instead? Ahhhh, hypocrisy, as big a part of organized religion as creation. Oh, and the Bible, or what was deemed to be appropriate to be included in the Bible, was put together by a bunch of Catholics. There's hundreds of pages that were excluded because they were too 'controversial' to Catholicism's conservative doctrine. Now, the Catholic church was actively protecting child molestors 5 years ago, but I'm to believe they made ALL the right choices over 50 years ago as to what I should learn and know about God? Please. Let the -1's rain forth!! I care not.

Comment

I believe that some of our posters here have provided crystal clear evidence that evolution is a falacy...

Comment

Sorry that should have been...fallacy...

Comment

I thought I was on the field and stream website, not relgions website. Thought there would be talks about hunting and fishing. LOL

Comment

One of my favorite quotes says "Evolution is nothing more then creation unfolding."

Comment

peter wanyne

if you truly are this paranoid and delusional i pity your children .

Comment

Evolution has been being taught for at least 15 years chief. It is not garbage. There is plenty of evidence that it is entirely true. It has been proven on several accounts. Your kids are being taught the truth and you are angry?

Comment

Agreed with cooner and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad