Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with the meat when you take a deer elk or moose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Eat them and put some on the freezer for family to have later!!!

Leave a comment:

• Elmer Fudd
    replied
    love the roasts cooked medium rare!

Leave a comment:

• Elmer Fudd
    replied
    you've given me an idea for a question should that section ever kind of cool off. Anyway, havent seen anyone else say this, I *absolutely* believe the best bet is to get as many roasts as possible, if you want steaks cut em yourself from the roasts. Also jerky can be cut later from the roasts.

Del! you have to keep some of that and learn how to cook if your wife won't!

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    First deer of the year gets ground up into burger ... goes to local food banks and that is how they process it. The rest get packaged and frozen, except the heart and tenderloins, which get eaten asap.

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    Dinner. Yummy.

Leave a comment:

replied
    process, then eat

Nate

Leave a comment:

• bomberpride
    replied
    eat it

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Most of the meat is vacuum packed and frozen for our table. The rest is made into sausage and jerkey. The trimmings are cooked and fed as dog treats. Bones are used to make stock which is canned.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    eat it

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    replied
    Stuff it in the freezer and look for new recipes to try during the long winter.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    When I was growing up we ate so much venison kind of got tired of it. Now there's just the wife and I and she won't touch any game meat. Therefore I give most to the landowners and a minister friend. Nothing goes to waste. Gave away 6 deer last fall.

Leave a comment:

• dwaynez
    replied
    Most of it goes in the freezer, but I keep some out fresh and it hits the grill or the smoker.

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    Kill it, clean it, cook the tender loin, freeze the rest.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    pumakitchen, That's a great idea. When anti-hunters begin to look at meat as the same stuff they buy at the grocery store it can help them realize that it's just food. They may never be hunters themselves, but if it keeps them from being anti-hunters then it's a success.

Leave a comment:

• rabbitpolice88
    replied
    I just "cube the best and grind the rest" You can make any dish and do almost anything with ground or cubed deer.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad