Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think by using cover or eliminating scent laundry detergent, bodywash, wafers, the whole 9 is worth it? Is the scent eli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think by using cover or eliminating scent laundry detergent, bodywash, wafers, the whole 9 is worth it? Is the scent eli

Do you think by using cover or eliminating scent laundry detergent, bodywash, wafers, the whole 9 is worth it? Is the scent eliminating clothing worth it if you use all the other cover? And what product do you think is the best?

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer to plan my hunts and keep the wind in my face and stay downwind of where the whitetails are. Mainly because of cost concerns and the fear of becoming overly obsessive, I leave all the odiferous anti-odor stuff in the box at the store. That being said, there are guys who've killed much bigger deer than I have that will swear by anti-odor products. But we'll see.

Comment

in a word, YES, i love my Scent Lok gear

Comment

Texas is right. I have used both you will see a lot of deer either way hanging your stand at about 12-20 feet will get you upwind of almost anything. I use cover scents more than scent blockers. IMHO I think your wasting your money when you put all that on your clothes, soap shower, then you dry off with a fabric sofend towel, walk through your glade plugins house, get in your truck which will either smell like smoke, exhuast, or McDonalds french fries. How do you ever think an anti could ever work? You probably wear the same hunting boots that you wore when you filled up your truck at the gas station and so on and so on. I use a drag behind me with a doe in heat 99% of the time and climb higher to get out of sight and scent off the ground.

Comment

I use cover when we are out in the field only CPT BRAD is right i just have friends who go the whole 9 and I have some who dont.

Comment

I think forms of scent elimination are a must. I didn't used to use anything but a cover spray and I was getting busted during early bow season. Now I use unscented cover sprays, silver max long underwear and socks and Noscent gloves, mask, jacket, etc. Last year I took a 4 year old buck as he walked directly under me from down wind.

Comment

I use scent remover laundry soap, a field cover spray and keep my clothes in a lg plastic container with cedar chips in a mesh bag, which match the area I hunt.

This past Monday I was sitting on the ground on an elevated ridge (I have crop damage permits) and nodded off for 10 seconds, when I opened my eyes a coyote had trotted 20 yrds from behind me on the ridge, passed me to my right and entered my area where I expected deer to enter.

Only when I stood up did I spook him from then 70 yrds out and he ran away fast. Needless to say, the hunt was spoiled for the day, but I became a believer of scent detection prevention....

Comment

I dont use all the soap and clothing. Just spray dsown with Scent Killer. I get within 10 yrds of deer and im invisible to them.

Comment

The problem with scent lok clothing or whatever is that when you buy clothing like this... you have to get everything from the laundry detergent to the spray bottle and you gotta keep it in zip lock containers or other to keep from scent affecting it after you wash it and you can't put it on until you get to the field. So don't buy the clothing if you are not willing to go through the trouble of doing everyhting.

Comment

Agreed with texasfirst answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad