Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As I am getting ready to move out of state for college, I wanted to know if I would be able to obtain a resident hunting/fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I am getting ready to move out of state for college, I wanted to know if I would be able to obtain a resident hunting/fishing

As I am getting ready to move out of state for college, I wanted to know if I would be able to obtain a resident hunting/fishing license since I would be attending a school in the state. If not, do you think it would be worth the money to pay such high fees to enjoy my favorite pastime?

Here's a answer and I don't know if its the right one. you can get an appartment and change state of residence with a billing address and utility bill in your name you can go get a license and vholla your a resident.

Comment

it also depends on which state you are moving to.

Comment

depends on how long you will be in college. and how much money you are willing to spend

Comment

depends on how long you will be in college. and how much money you are willing to spend

Comment

I know when i went to college my roomate was from out of state. All he had to do was change his drivers licence and he was able to get a resident fishing licence.

But before you do that check the price difference between resident and non-resident. In some states its not that bad, and it would not warrent the hassle of the DMV.

Comment

Your best bet is to look up the DNR or Dept of Game and Fish website for the state you're college is in to see what they say. Usually getting a DL from that state for 30 - 90 days establishes residency. The website should tell you what establishes residency and what a non-resident license costs. If you do this and still intend on hunting in the state you're from you'll need to weigh the costs of non-resident licenses there as well. Some states honor a lifetime license if you move to a different state.

Comment

No because you have to live there for a certain amount of time in order to become a resident.

Comment

It depends on the state, I know Kansas allows out of state students to obtain in state liscenses as long as they have proof that they are in college ie your student id card should work. I would definately go that route before I went to the trouble of changing my state of residence.

Comment

It might be kinda pricey, but i dont see price tags when it comes to hunting.

Comment

even if there is no way to get a residence licence its still worth it

Comment

CPT Brad hit it on the nose. You can legally change your state of residence and become a legal resident of the state you are in so you can get resident tags instead of the visitor ones which are probably a lot more expensive.

Comment

Agreed with CPT BRAD answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Presidential Debate
                            by crm3006
                            Just a heads up, bandicoot. creepy joe's handlers are well capable of canceling the debate on the day it is scheduled. Nothing is too lowlife for dem...
                            Today, 01:10 PM
                          • Presidential Debate
                            by jhjimbo
                            Mark your calendar, Tuesday, 29th from The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio. Sleepy Joe and Donald Trump. Get your popcorn ready for the show.
                            09-24-2020, 08:40 AM
                          • Reply to The Horse Race
                            by crm3006
                            BH75R: " Is there anything that turkey will not believe from yahoo ?"

I don't think there is a lie outrageous enough that the bandicoot...
                            Today, 12:58 PM
                          • The Horse Race
                            by rock rat
                            There are lots of things making this a hard race to predict. Pollsters do their thing and mostly they show Biden up over where Clinton was at this time...
                            Yesterday, 09:43 AM
                          • Reply to How Do They
                            by crm3006
                            jhjimbo- If you go to your profile and then to account, you can put them on the ignore list and you won't see their posts. I have 27 "bots"...
                            Today, 12:46 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X