Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How difficult is it to sell a .410 shotgun? The ammo is so expensive, I figure nobody wants the gun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How difficult is it to sell a .410 shotgun? The ammo is so expensive, I figure nobody wants the gun.

How difficult is it to sell a .410 shotgun? The ammo is so expensive, I figure nobody wants the gun.

I got a .410 shotgun when I was much younger and I decided that instead of selling the Marlin 30-30 I'm going to keep that. It's a great back-up rifle and it doesn't produce a lot of recoil. Good gun for my little brothers to shoot if they decide they would like to hunt. But I'm going to sell my .410, hell, it's cheaper to buy ammo for the 12 gauge rather than the .410.

Comment

I think the guns sell alright. I'm looking for a nice.410 but haven't got one yet because they ate pricey. I just want to get one to teach my son to shoot.

Comment

Mine's a browning. Bought it about 4 years ago and only shot it a little bit, right away i stepped up to the 12 gauge and nobody shot the 410. We have been keeping the gun clean too. It's a browning i believe.

Comment

reid, i'd be interested...

Comment

What is the make and model? What year is it?

It depends on what kind of shape the gun is in, what brand it is, how old it is/how many were made. It also depends on how much it was shot/used.

Comment

Shouldn't be to hard,especially with it gettin' close to squirrel season.
              I regretted selling the guns that I had when I was younger,consider holding on to them.

At least take a few pictures of you huntin' with 'em!

Comment

I use my 410 all the time for small game it does not destroy as much meat as a 20 or 12. The 410 shells are available at our local farm supply stores at about the same cost as larger gauge.
                Maybe shop a different store for your ammo.

Comment

I'd like to have a nice .410. I don't really think it would be to hard to sell. You could list it on: www.gunbroker.com

Comment

Take it to a skeet club if its a double or auto, some of them will probably buy it.

Comment

WITH THE TIMES THE WAY THEY ARE, ID HOLD ON TO ANY AND ALL FIREARMS IF POSSIBLE.AND I LOOKED AT SOME 41O SHELLS AND COULDNT BELIVE THE PRICE!!!! CONSIDER A RELOADER IF POSSIBLE,OR CHECK OUT SHOTGUN NEWS FOR AMMO. GOOD LUCK.

Comment

I love my .410's

Comment

yeah shouldnt be too hard most people don't even think to look into the prices or ammo i would never sell my .410 though but people new to hunting and shooting like it because it won't knock them over or even hurt their shoulder plus like it was already said it doesnt realy ruin the meat. i know when buying .410s people look at the chokes moe then most other guns i like them with a full choke that way all the bbs hit the head and neck and ruin absolutley no meat but then again some people like them with a larger spray

Comment

what type single shot and how muchi might buy

Comment

and i take it you don't like clay cooper the 7 year old kid with an bb gun.me to he's a prick yah.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The Culture of Lying
                                by Pmacc60
                                Talk about a non sequitur !...
                                Today, 05:46 PM
                              • The Culture of Lying
                                by jhjimbo
                                The culture of lying is epidemic in Washington, D.C. and the rest of the Country. How did this get started? Was it Richard Nixon ? The crooked main...
                                Today, 08:16 AM
                              • Reply to "A little rebellion...."
                                by 99explorer
                                You jokers are just too clever by half.
                                When the Teflon Don comes up for sentencing, he can tell the judge it was just a little rebellion, inspired...
                                Today, 05:32 PM
                              • "A little rebellion...."
                                by FirstBubba
                                ...now and then is a good thing!"

This ought set off Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Stupid! LOL!
                                --------‐‐-------------------------------...
                                08-13-2022, 12:45 PM
                              • Reply to AG Garland is a real low life!
                                by franchi20
                                Merrick Garland has driven the last nail into the coffin holding any hope of reuniting this country in the near future. His demeanor shows his arrogant...
                                Today, 05:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X