Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you hunt for sheds where is the first place you look? Somone has already told me that hay bales are great places but i thin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you hunt for sheds where is the first place you look? Somone has already told me that hay bales are great places but i thin

When you hunt for sheds where is the first place you look? Somone has already told me that hay bales are great places but i think ur helo may be good??

I check known bedding areas first and then start walking fencelines. If you have some CRP or pasture that has been burnt its pretty easy to find them then too.

Comment

Bedding and feeding areas.

Comment

Look for winter feeding areas and use binos to scout the fields. Saves a lot of walking.

Comment

i always start at ditch and creek crosings and bedding areas

Comment

I always heard that fence rows were the best but I tend to find them just out in the hardwoods flats. I think its because I can see them farther.

Comment

I just look for any deer sign when I first enter the woods. I look mainly in a large field, but I make my way to the field while walking on deer trails or following streams. Strams are good places to look, and easy to follow.

Comment

Fence lines

Comment

i just walk untill i find some there is no rime or reason to how they come off around here.

Comment

The 13 point set in the pic on my profile was found by a kid in the woods behind his house. Fencelines or any place the buck would have to jump is good. The shock of landing causes the antler to fall. Another is any South facing slope. That is the first place to start sprouting green in Springtime and a deer magnet. I have seen a big bodied buck that was shot for a doe in Dec. (already shed his antlers) and also have seen bucks in April with antlers still on.

Comment

Ya fence lines because that is where their antlers get stuck when they rub them.

Comment

Agreed with herbie57_57 answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad