Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what type of live bait should I use for bluefish with a sinkerslide rig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheEasternShoreHunter
    replied
    thanks I will have to look in local bait stores to see what they have. I think I will also try squid because it is rather cheap.

Leave a comment:

• NNMountaineer
    replied
    When they are feeding on top "blitzing" you can cast a painted 1/4oz jighead with a wire leader and no plastic body and work it erratically. This will save you money on soft plastics and you will catch fish. As for live bait, as stated before its always best to match what they are eating but from my experience in Virginia and North Carolina they will eat anything they can fit in their mouths and are not picky eaters.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Pernice the fly rod winner
    replied
    Bunker, mullet, or as stated above, use barbie dolls or cheap McDonalds toys.

Leave a comment:

• TheEasternShoreHunter
    replied
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• koeka
    replied
    You can throw a barbie doll for blues if you get em in a feeding frenzy. General rule is to match the bait the blues are chasing/feeding on, which will vary from location to location. Can be tough if they are feeding on peanut bunker or anchovies, in that case match the size with a zoom or plastic bunker bait.....

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    replied
    Inch wide mullet work pretty well, but really any live bait works when the blues are eating.

Leave a comment:

• what type of live bait should I use for bluefish with a sinkerslide rig.

what type of live bait should I use for bluefish with a sinkerslide rig.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad