Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a clay you have idea who i am and you would not know how repsectful i am of my elders but if you read my comment on how i have 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a clay you have idea who i am and you would not know how repsectful i am of my elders but if you read my comment on how i have 7

a clay you have idea who i am and you would not know how repsectful i am of my elders but if you read my comment on how i have 7 child abouse cases agianst him and he treat my mom like a piece of sh\*\* gets in fights every other night with my mom hell i love my dad,and you i have tyred to get a relationship but i dont work and i could garantee that if you asked my mom she would tell you that i am a very forgiving person,becuase i am a strong beliver in god and our lord[and another thing you would kick my ass becuase id rather get my butt beat than hit or harm a girl]

Dakohta, that is a hard position to be in. God tells us to honor our parents. At the same time, we also must honor God (in other words, God's law is always higher). Forgiveness is a honorable trait! Being able to forgive is an incredible gift! Continue in your faith in God, and run the race set before you (Hebrews 12:1-2).

Comment

You can overcome the negative impact of an abusive father!!!!!!!!
      Be honest with yourself about what you've been through and are dealing with now as a result of your abusive father. Denial will only make for a defensive attitude.

Comment

Be realistic about outcomes. Realize that a storybook ending is possible but not probable. Most abusers never admit it or attempt to redeem themselves. Accept this now and don't set yourself up for further hurt and disillusionment.

Comment

Realize that you can't miss what you never had. You can't miss a loving father who never really existed. We often cling to fantasies or addictions to cope with the abuse.

Comment

Forgiveness heals, so forgive your father even if he doesn't deserve it to free your own heart and soul. But don't let him abuse you again even if it means no contact. Even if you never see your father again, forgiving him will set you free mentally and improve your physical and mental health for the rest of your life.

Comment

You must learn to detach yourself emotionally from your father. Try to see yourself and your whole scenario with your father on the big screen of life as if you were watching a movie and you were the main character. What do you think your character should do from an outside viewer's perspective? What is your characters next best move? You are the main character of your life so always root for yourself and cheer yourself on. Recognize that you can overcome the negative impact of your father's abuse by fully acknowledging it on the big screen of life, forgiving him, and moving on with your life........

Comment

dakohta-
                Have you ever told your father that you love him?

I know you mentioned it here,and I know it's hard to tell someone you love them,especially if there are abusing you.

My heart goes out to you,and I pray that your situation gets better. Be strong and of good cheer. Feel free to come back to this forum ANYTIME,and let us know how you are doing!

If you feel like e-mailing someone,e-mail me at ...

[email protected]

Darryl

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad