Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am thinking of buying either a tree stand or a tripod what do you guys recomend and of what brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am thinking of buying either a tree stand or a tripod what do you guys recomend and of what brand?

I am thinking of buying either a tree stand or a tripod what do you guys recomend and of what brand?

i would go with a tree stand. either a tree lounge or a lone wolf

Comment

A tree stand, get a summit. Every model is great.

Comment

A tripod would be better only if the area you hunt lacks trees.

Lone Wolf tree stands are currently the best out there. Summits are also good but not as compact and the strap you wrap aroung the tree makes noise while connecting to the stand. Summit is also not as adjustable as the lone wolf. The Lone Wolf runs about $100 more than the Summit.

Comment

Unless you have few trees choose the climbing stand. I like Summit stands.

Comment

if you buy a tripod then you can hunt any where you want and what if you find a good spot in last moment and there are no trees you can hang it in beacuse there are to many limbs then with the new tripod big game pursuit then you can move there beacuse it only wheighs 60 pounds and can fold up

Comment

Really depends on where you hunt and what trees are available. My preference would be a tree stand since you will blend in better with the existing surroundings and less chance for the animals to "notice something new."

Comment

Get a Tree Stand and I choose the Summit if you like!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad