X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by rock rat View Post
    I don't do celeb sports things. I do think the media thrives on shootings, especially if it's a white cop and black person that gets shot. Seeing a video doesn't tell me that much. I remember one shooting where there was an extensive investigation including by Obama's AG Holder also an African American. It turned out to be justified. Obama gave one of his sermons about justice ran it's course and that's how things are supposed to work here, yet still I hear people saying the guy was murdered. We have courts and juries for a reason. They aren't perfect but they are a lot better than some video and a media selling sports cars.
    Blacks are so stupid they don't realize once they fail to obey a police officer command that they MUST obey, they just signed their own death warrant.
    It does not take a rocket scientist to know to OBEY a police officer order. Of course, we don't have a lot of black rocket scientists.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    I have not owned a Nike product in 30 years, and will continue the same.

Leave a comment:

• springerman3
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    I know that much of what I am about to say will not be taken well by a segment of this society, but I will adopt the words of Nike and “just do it” ! Many of the problems that blacks claim to be their reason for certain actions and beliefs are of their own making. Many have no intention of assimilating into the American culture, its laws, values or even a need for education. It is easier to blame “whitie” for their plight, lack of jobs and thru crime, their actions against police which they then claim to be police brutality ! Obama played a big role in this current issue when he took the side of blacks during the Ferguson, Mo. riots matter, claiming the entire fault was that of police and their brutality. The blacks jumped on that bit of BS and have ran with it ever since. There is much more racism on the black side than on the white side, and if there are those who disagree, maybe they can explain how a black man was elected to two terms as president of a country that is almost 80% white !! I well realise this topic is about Nike, but it is also regarding a black cause which my concerns also involve. If we are going to consider Nike, Kaepernick and what is all involved in this movement, then all must be stated, as much of Kaepernick’s philosophy is suspect to say the least ! There are many non-blacks in this country who also are subject to many of the same problems claimed by the black community, but we do not see riots from them, or find causes in their defense. I guess that rightiousness is reserved for only those who display the most disrespect to society ! I do not like to turn this situation into a race topic, but that is exactly what Nike has done with their involvement and the right to answer has to be respected !
    Unfortunately ( as you know ) the world is not a perfect place ....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I know that much of what I am about to say will not be taken well by a segment of this society, but I will adopt the words of Nike and “just do it” ! Many of the problems that blacks claim to be their reason for certain actions and beliefs are of their own making. Many have no intention of assimilating into the American culture, its laws, values or even a need for education. It is easier to blame “whitie” for their plight, lack of jobs and thru crime, their actions against police which they then claim to be police brutality ! Obama played a big role in this current issue when he took the side of blacks during the Ferguson, Mo. riots matter, claiming the entire fault was that of police and their brutality. The blacks jumped on that bit of BS and have ran with it ever since. There is much more racism on the black side than on the white side, and if there are those who disagree, maybe they can explain how a black man was elected to two terms as president of a country that is almost 80% white !! I well realise this topic is about Nike, but it is also regarding a black cause which my concerns also involve. If we are going to consider Nike, Kaepernick and what is all involved in this movement, then all must be stated, as much of Kaepernick’s philosophy is suspect to say the least ! There are many non-blacks in this country who also are subject to many of the same problems claimed by the black community, but we do not see riots from them, or find causes in their defense. I guess that rightiousness is reserved for only those who display the most disrespect to society ! I do not like to turn this situation into a race topic, but that is exactly what Nike has done with their involvement and the right to answer has to be respected !
    But is it the Christian thing to do to take it when it is not needed ? I think that is what the crust of the issue is concerning. And is the need self imposed or actual ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    Taya Kyle, the widow of sniper Chris Kyle, gives her opinion!

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/09/09/taya-kyle-nike-love-your-gear-but-your-colin-kaepernick-ad-exhausts-my-spirit.html
    I would have to say that her words describing sacrifice pretty damn well says it all. I do not know what better argument anyone could make to bring the issue of Kaepernick into focus !!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by rock rat View Post
    I don't do celeb sports things. I do think the media thrives on shootings, especially if it's a white cop and black person that gets shot. Seeing a video doesn't tell me that much. I remember one shooting where there was an extensive investigation including by Obama's AG Holder also an African American. It turned out to be justified. Obama gave one of his sermons about justice ran it's course and that's how things are supposed to work here, yet still I hear people saying the guy was murdered. We have courts and juries for a reason. They aren't perfect but they are a lot better than some video and a media selling sports cars.
    That has always been a huge problem Rock, the media has caused more trouble between the races in their attempt to promote themselves ! I know the news has to be aired and there must be freedom of the press, but it should also be required that intelligence be required in so doing. Some of the stuff we are subjected to is no higher in content than that of the National Inquirer.

Leave a comment:

• springerman3
    replied
    Some food pantries here don't ask for financial info. You come through the door and say you have a need they will give you food !
    Kind of the Christian thing to do ?

Leave a comment:

• springerman3
    replied
    Originally posted by dewman View Post
    I've never bought ANYTHING because of celebrity endorsement. Did not necessarily shy away either unless money went to a bad cause. I.e. PETA. Hate those people hating, animal abusing, arrogant, self righteous, clueless scum. Almost be worth going to hell to watch their "who me?" faces as they burn. Did I mention I don't like PETA?
    I hear PETA is quite fond of squirrels that live in SE Missouri.....

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Taya Kyle, the widow of sniper Chris Kyle, gives her opinion!

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/09/09/taya-kyle-nike-love-your-gear-but-your-colin-kaepernick-ad-exhausts-my-spirit.html

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter
    It's been a couple of decades since I've owned a Nike product. Got no dog in the fight.
    Treestand - Maybe when you see the new Nike ads, you'll buy something and write a gear review for us:-))

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    I never had a Nike product and would like to see them dump Kaepernick off the add campaign.On the News Some Collages are removing the Nike brand off their uniforms.
    So I guess pasting his face on a jumbotron on Times Square at 8am is quiet symbolism?

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied
    Originally posted by etexan View Post
    This is the country which stated as its values that an individual has the right to speak his mind, notwithstanding the obvious exclusions of "fire" in a crowded theatre and others. He has not hurt anyone else with his protest that I could tell. I am astounded at the videos of cops shooting people (mostly black people) who are unarmed and NOT threatening the cop. This is going to produce an outcome at some point of a cop being convicted and doing time. (Actually, this has already happened in Fort Worth, I believe.) The football player probably made more money in his football career than I made in 40 years of working so, I have little sympathy for his plight. Nike just wants money, like so many corporations. If they think their business will improve by throwing some at him, I say have at it. It won't work on me.
    About twice as many more whites are killed each year than blacks (457 to 223). Although that is a disproportionate number of blacks killed, it is worth noting that blacks commits crimes at a disproportionately higher rate.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    So they say,Guess who the screen is are! Wink!

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter
    It's been a couple of decades since I've owned a Nike product. Got no dog in the fight.
    I don't recall buying anything with a Nike logo!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hhs
    by 99explorer
    Does that include the presidential suite?
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM
  • Hhs
    by jhjimbo
    Hotels in CA have to give a list of empty rooms every day by 3PM so they can be given to a homeless person.
    Yesterday, 04:13 PM
  • Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
    by 99explorer
    Remember to save the last round for yourself.
    Yesterday, 11:37 PM
  • FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
    by rock rat
    Former US President Donald Trump has said his Florida home is being raided by the FBI.

Mr Trump said in a statement Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach...
    08-08-2022, 07:39 PM
  • Reply to AG Garland is a real low life!
    by 99explorer
    I have a strong feeling that we are not getting the whole story here.
    A man wearing a $360,000 wrist watch does not serve 20 years in prison for...
    Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X