X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99explorer
    replied
    Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    I never had a Nike product and would like to see them dump Kaepernick off the add campaign.On the News Some Collages are removing the Nike brand off their uniforms.
    I am thinking that the target of Nike's ad campaign could be quite narrow, consisting of potential customers who admire Colin Kaepernick.
    The ads might be run only in ethnic publications like The Amsterdam News and Ebony magazine.
    It could be counterproductive to advertise in general interest publications.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    Never have owned anything Nike. However, there is an interesting story about how the young girl made the Nike logo. I believe in early ads they told the story. Sad thing is she never was paid even a tiny fraction of what the logo value turned out to be.
    Rocky - I read that too. She needed money for art classes, and Knight hired her for $2 per hour ($14 per hour in today's money). When somebody hires you for creative work, your output becomes their property, and they don't have to pay you anything more.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by etexan View Post
    This is the country which stated as its values that an individual has the right to speak his mind, notwithstanding the obvious exclusions of "fire" in a crowded theatre and others. He has not hurt anyone else with his protest that I could tell. I am astounded at the videos of cops shooting people (mostly black people) who are unarmed and NOT threatening the cop. This is going to produce an outcome at some point of a cop being convicted and doing time. (Actually, this has already happened in Fort Worth, I believe.) The football player probably made more money in his football career than I made in 40 years of working so, I have little sympathy for his plight. Nike just wants money, like so many corporations. If they think their business will improve by throwing some at him, I say have at it. It won't work on me.
    I am pretty sure there have been others besides blacks that have been shot by police, armed or unarmed. No videos of such though, maybe because they would not draw the same wanted attention and be played upon by the media. But then, that couldn’t be possible could it ?? It sounds as though the video producers have you eating right out of their hands !

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    Never have owned anything Nike. However, there is an interesting story about how the young girl made the Nike logo. I believe in early ads they told the story. Sad thing is she never was paid even a tiny fraction of what the logo value turned out to be.
    Looked it up on wikipedia. Actually. She was paid about $35. But after Nike hit it big she got a diamond ring and stock. Below is the wikipedia quote:

"...September 1983, Knight (one of the owners) gave Davidson (designer) a golden Swoosh ring with an embedded diamond and 500 shares of Nike stock (which have since split into 32,000 shares) to express his gratitude.[11][12] Davidson claims to this day that she is not a millionaire but lives comfortably" end quote.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Originally posted by RockySquirrel View Post
    Unless the sell at Costco for $15 a pair, not my style.

NFL has been a washout with me for quite a while. Playoffs and the stuper bowl arevall i watch and maybe not then. Wife still has those damn season tickets for a perpetual loser team that she can't sell. Waste of money.
    I once attended a NY Jets home game against the Cowboys as the guest of a Jets fan who had season tickets.
    The Jets scored a TD on the opening kickoff, and then recovered a fumble on the kickoff return by the Cowboys, scoring another touchdown.
    The score was 14-0 with less than a minute run off the clock.
    My friend asked if I was glad that I came.
    I said it was a good thing the Cowboys had so much time remaining on the clock.
    Sure enough, the Cowboys pulled out a victory.
    It ain't over till it's over.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I could care less about Kaeperdick or Nike. Never bought anything advertised by a sports team except coke. Also, why are people on welfare walking around in $200 shoes and checking messages on $800 phones ??
    So called athletes are mental midgets for the most part and are the worst kind of model for children to look up to. I have had some as neighbors and believe me you do not want that experience.
    Treestand - Jesse Jackson Jr. was convicted of stealing campaign funds.
    One of the things he bought with the money was a $45,000 gold Rolex wrist watch.
    Money well spent:-))

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I could care less about Kaeperdick or Nike. Never bought anything advertised by a sports team except coke. Also, why are people on welfare walking around in $200 shoes and checking messages on $800 phones ??
    So called athletes are mental midgets for the most part and are the worst kind of model for children to look up to. I have had some as neighbors and believe me you do not want that experience.
    BHR - Good point.
    Woody Allen makes a joke about how minority groups read discrimination into everything.
    He once showed a Jew's harp to someone in a movie, and said, "Of course you can't call it that. You know how those people are."

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    I never had a Nike product and would like to see them dump Kaepernick off the add campaign.On the News Some Collages are removing the Nike brand off their uniforms.
    Treestand - No. I am just impartial. My animosity toward Kaepernick does not spill over to everyone he does business with.
    If Nike wants to portray him as a hero for advertising purposes, they are taking a calculated business risk.
    This is a free country.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    I know that much of what I am about to say will not be taken well by a segment of this society, but I will adopt the words of Nike and “just do it” ! Many of the problems that blacks claim to be their reason for certain actions and beliefs are of their own making. Many have no intention of assimilating into the American culture, its laws, values or even a need for education. It is easier to blame “whitie” for their plight, lack of jobs and thru crime, their actions against police which they then claim to be police brutality ! Obama played a big role in this current issue when he took the side of blacks during the Ferguson, Mo. riots matter, claiming the entire fault was that of police and their brutality. The blacks jumped on that bit of BS and have ran with it ever since. There is much more racism on the black side than on the white side, and if there are those who disagree, maybe they can explain how a black man was elected to two terms as president of a country that is almost 80% white !! I well realise this topic is about Nike, but it is also regarding a black cause which my concerns also involve. If we are going to consider Nike, Kaepernick and what is all involved in this movement, then all must be stated, as much of Kaepernick’s philosophy is suspect to say the least ! There are many non-blacks in this country who also are subject to many of the same problems claimed by the black community, but we do not see riots from them, or find causes in their defense. I guess that rightiousness is reserved for only those who display the most disrespect to society ! I do not like to turn this situation into a race topic, but that is exactly what Nike has done with their involvement and the right to answer has to be respected !
    Food pantries screen "to separate the needy from the greedy."

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    I know that much of what I am about to say will not be taken well by a segment of this society, but I will adopt the words of Nike and “just do it” ! Many of the problems that blacks claim to be their reason for certain actions and beliefs are of their own making. Many have no intention of assimilating into the American culture, its laws, values or even a need for education. It is easier to blame “whitie” for their plight, lack of jobs and thru crime, their actions against police which they then claim to be police brutality ! Obama played a big role in this current issue when he took the side of blacks during the Ferguson, Mo. riots matter, claiming the entire fault was that of police and their brutality. The blacks jumped on that bit of BS and have ran with it ever since. There is much more racism on the black side than on the white side, and if there are those who disagree, maybe they can explain how a black man was elected to two terms as president of a country that is almost 80% white !! I well realise this topic is about Nike, but it is also regarding a black cause which my concerns also involve. If we are going to consider Nike, Kaepernick and what is all involved in this movement, then all must be stated, as much of Kaepernick’s philosophy is suspect to say the least ! There are many non-blacks in this country who also are subject to many of the same problems claimed by the black community, but we do not see riots from them, or find causes in their defense. I guess that rightiousness is reserved for only those who display the most disrespect to society ! I do not like to turn this situation into a race topic, but that is exactly what Nike has done with their involvement and the right to answer has to be respected !
    Food Pantry 40Lb every weekend..free as they pull-up in there Cadillac & pop the trunk lid.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    Originally posted by etexan View Post
    This is the country which stated as its values that an individual has the right to speak his mind, notwithstanding the obvious exclusions of "fire" in a crowded theatre and others. He has not hurt anyone else with his protest that I could tell. I am astounded at the videos of cops shooting people (mostly black people) who are unarmed and NOT threatening the cop. This is going to produce an outcome at some point of a cop being convicted and doing time. (Actually, this has already happened in Fort Worth, I believe.) The football player probably made more money in his football career than I made in 40 years of working so, I have little sympathy for his plight. Nike just wants money, like so many corporations. If they think their business will improve by throwing some at him, I say have at it. It won't work on me.
    Best reply i have seen yet. Well said

Leave a comment:

• etexan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I do not mean to paint all persons of color with the same brush, there being good and bad, as there is also with whites. But I can speak badly of whites who deserve it without being called a racist, which can not be done if I speak badly about someone in the black community. My question there is, where is the equality of which they talk about wanting ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by dewman View Post
    I've never bought ANYTHING because of celebrity endorsement. Did not necessarily shy away either unless money went to a bad cause. I.e. PETA. Hate those people hating, animal abusing, arrogant, self righteous, clueless scum. Almost be worth going to hell to watch their "who me?" faces as they burn. Did I mention I don't like PETA?
    No, I don’t think you did Dewman. You might have made mention that you had some concerns about a group you were not too happy with, but that was only around the fringes and between the lines, you didn’t really come right out and say how you really feel. You must become better in explaining yourself so people are not left in the dark as to what you actually mean........!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Seems I've heard that jimbo.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad