Got "Nike"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    I never had a Nike product and would like to see them dump Kaepernick off the add campaign.On the News Some Collages are removing the Nike brand off their uniforms.
    It is well known that Nike is not a political organization 99, but they have entered a political and race motivated situation and are thus subject to any and all consequences deserved !!

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      I could care less about Kaeperdick or Nike. Never bought anything advertised by a sports team except coke. Also, why are people on welfare walking around in $200 shoes and checking messages on $800 phones ??
      So called athletes are mental midgets for the most part and are the worst kind of model for children to look up to. I have had some as neighbors and believe me you do not want that experience.
      Speaking of mental midgets; they are the ones being led by the nose by other mental midgets, which then becomes a circle going nowhere and needed knowledge is never forthcoming !

Comment

I never had a Nike product and would like to see them dump Kaepernick off the add campaign.On the News Some Collages are removing the Nike brand off their uniforms.
        BHR - My point is that I don't think they are taking sides in a racial issue, but taking a business risk to promote sales. It will probably cost them as many sales s they gain. A wash.

Comment

I could care less about Kaeperdick or Nike. Never bought anything advertised by a sports team except coke. Also, why are people on welfare walking around in $200 shoes and checking messages on $800 phones ??
          So called athletes are mental midgets for the most part and are the worst kind of model for children to look up to. I have had some as neighbors and believe me you do not want that experience.
          Their thinking is that just because we are poor doesn't mean we shouldn't have nice things:-))

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
            It's been a couple of decades since I've owned a Nike product. Got no dog in the fight.
            I beg to differ.
            Truth be told, Nike makes a great shoe (sneaker) called the "Air Monarch."
            I own two pair and it's like walking on a cloud.
            At $60 a pair, they are a blessing for those of us with sore feet.
            Give the devil his due.

Comment

Originally posted by RockySquirrel View Post
              Unless the sell at Costco for $15 a pair, not my style.

NFL has been a washout with me for quite a while. Playoffs and the stuper bowl arevall i watch and maybe not then. Wife still has those damn season tickets for a perpetual loser team that she can't sell. Waste of money.
              I have a friend who had two season tickets to the NY Giants' games many years ago when they never had a winning season.
              I went to many games with him just to be able to watch the visiting teams, esp. the Dallas Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                Haven't watched a National Felony League game in over three years, since the Super Bowl rejected the Henry Rifle commercial as "inappropriate". Quit watching then, and won't watch in the future. As to Nike, they will starve if they are depending on my business.
                It's easy to give up watching a sport you have little or no interest in.
                It would be like me giving up hockey because I didn't like one of their advertisers.
                I read recently that the average NFL game has about eleven minutes of actual playing time , and 100 commercials. I use the DVR feature on my TV and skip right through the commercials. I could not name one advertiser if my life depended on it.

Comment

Never have owned anything Nike. However, there is an interesting story about how the young girl made the Nike logo. I believe in early ads they told the story. Sad thing is she never was paid even a tiny fraction of what the logo value turned out to be.

Comment

99Ex, Are you a spokesman for Nike? Remember when Tiger Woods driving DUI Nike dropped him like a hot rock!! I think you need to re-evaluate your thinking on guess work about Nike!

Comment

Most but not all People of color live beyond there means. {It's called Working the System} They prefer to buy SWAG/stolen product's, they sell there food stamp card for cash & shop at their local food pantry(FREE FOOD) And Foot Ball Players most can't read above an (8)grade level, NO skills on handling money(Ama going to buy me a house for my momma) and buy me a Land Rover $72K.& rings and things.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                        Haven't watched a National Felony League game in over three years, since the Super Bowl rejected the Henry Rifle commercial as "inappropriate". Quit watching then, and won't watch in the future. As to Nike, they will starve if they are depending on my business.
                        Watching Foot Ball is a lazy mans sport, I get more out of it at the 10: O'clock news just all the high-lights on all the teams, No commercials. I would like to see One Game Played with NO Commercial from start to finish. 1.5Hr Play time.

Comment

Originally posted by RockySquirrel View Post
                          Unless the sell at Costco for $15 a pair, not my style.

NFL has been a washout with me for quite a while. Playoffs and the stuper bowl arevall i watch and maybe not then. Wife still has those damn season tickets for a perpetual loser team that she can't sell. Waste of money.
                          You went to a NY Giants game to see your Dallas Cowboys loose??

Comment

Never have owned anything Nike. However, there is an interesting story about how the young girl made the Nike logo. I believe in early ads they told the story. Sad thing is she never was paid even a tiny fraction of what the logo value turned out to be.
                            Seems I've heard that jimbo.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                              I've never bought ANYTHING because of celebrity endorsement. Did not necessarily shy away either unless money went to a bad cause. I.e. PETA. Hate those people hating, animal abusing, arrogant, self righteous, clueless scum. Almost be worth going to hell to watch their "who me?" faces as they burn. Did I mention I don't like PETA?
                              No, I don’t think you did Dewman. You might have made mention that you had some concerns about a group you were not too happy with, but that was only around the fringes and between the lines, you didn’t really come right out and say how you really feel. You must become better in explaining yourself so people are not left in the dark as to what you actually mean........!

Comment

I do not mean to paint all persons of color with the same brush, there being good and bad, as there is also with whites. But I can speak badly of whites who deserve it without being called a racist, which can not be done if I speak badly about someone in the black community. My question there is, where is the equality of which they talk about wanting ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hhs
                                  by 99explorer
                                  Does that include the presidential suite?
                                  Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                                • Hhs
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Hotels in CA have to give a list of empty rooms every day by 3PM so they can be given to a homeless person.
                                  Yesterday, 04:13 PM
                                • Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                                  by 99explorer
                                  Remember to save the last round for yourself.
                                  Yesterday, 11:37 PM
                                • FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                                  by rock rat
                                  Former US President Donald Trump has said his Florida home is being raided by the FBI.

Mr Trump said in a statement Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach...
                                  08-08-2022, 07:39 PM
                                • Reply to AG Garland is a real low life!
                                  by 99explorer
                                  I have a strong feeling that we are not getting the whole story here.
                                  A man wearing a $360,000 wrist watch does not serve 20 years in prison for...
                                  Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X