Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got "Nike"?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got "Nike"?

    Since 99 drug out the football thing, where does everybody stand on the "protest", Kaepernick and Nike?

    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/09/07/just-blew-it-nike-favorability-drops-across-the-board-n2516405

  • #2
    I find it distasteful, to put it mildly.
    Fortunately, I don't own a pair of Nikes to chuck into the trash fire.

    Comment


    • #3
      Kaepernick's slogan for the Nike ad is "Believe in something . Even if it means sacrificing everything," suggesting that he deliberately sacrificed his football career for a great principle.
      I believe the fact of the matter is that he saw a chance to grab a freeebie while his contract negotiations were in the news, and it backfired on him. Now he's suing the league for conspiracy to deprive him of his livelihood, while he's jumping at the opportunity to grab a buck from Nike.

      Comment


      • #4
        I know that much of what I am about to say will not be taken well by a segment of this society, but I will adopt the words of Nike and “just do it” ! Many of the problems that blacks claim to be their reason for certain actions and beliefs are of their own making. Many have no intention of assimilating into the American culture, its laws, values or even a need for education. It is easier to blame “whitie” for their plight, lack of jobs and thru crime, their actions against police which they then claim to be police brutality ! Obama played a big role in this current issue when he took the side of blacks during the Ferguson, Mo. riots matter, claiming the entire fault was that of police and their brutality. The blacks jumped on that bit of BS and have ran with it ever since. There is much more racism on the black side than on the white side, and if there are those who disagree, maybe they can explain how a black man was elected to two terms as president of a country that is almost 80% white !! I well realise this topic is about Nike, but it is also regarding a black cause which my concerns also involve. If we are going to consider Nike, Kaepernick and what is all involved in this movement, then all must be stated, as much of Kaepernick’s philosophy is suspect to say the least ! There are many non-blacks in this country who also are subject to many of the same problems claimed by the black community, but we do not see riots from them, or find causes in their defense. I guess that rightiousness is reserved for only those who display the most disrespect to society ! I do not like to turn this situation into a race topic, but that is exactly what Nike has done with their involvement and the right to answer has to be respected !

        Comment


        • #5
          I've never bought ANYTHING because of celebrity endorsement. Did not necessarily shy away either unless money went to a bad cause. I.e. PETA. Hate those people hating, animal abusing, arrogant, self righteous, clueless scum. Almost be worth going to hell to watch their "who me?" faces as they burn. Did I mention I don't like PETA?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
            I know that much of what I am about to say will not be taken well by a segment of this society, but I will adopt the words of Nike and “just do it” ! Many of the problems that blacks claim to be their reason for certain actions and beliefs are of their own making. Many have no intention of assimilating into the American culture, its laws, values or even a need for education. It is easier to blame “whitie” for their plight, lack of jobs and thru crime, their actions against police which they then claim to be police brutality ! Obama played a big role in this current issue when he took the side of blacks during the Ferguson, Mo. riots matter, claiming the entire fault was that of police and their brutality. The blacks jumped on that bit of BS and have ran with it ever since. There is much more racism on the black side than on the white side, and if there are those who disagree, maybe they can explain how a black man was elected to two terms as president of a country that is almost 80% white !! I well realise this topic is about Nike, but it is also regarding a black cause which my concerns also involve. If we are going to consider Nike, Kaepernick and what is all involved in this movement, then all must be stated, as much of Kaepernick’s philosophy is suspect to say the least ! There are many non-blacks in this country who also are subject to many of the same problems claimed by the black community, but we do not see riots from them, or find causes in their defense. I guess that rightiousness is reserved for only those who display the most disrespect to society ! I do not like to turn this situation into a race topic, but that is exactly what Nike has done with their involvement and the right to answer has to be respected !
            The black teacher who is friends with my wife, they share an aid, was shocked at the black senators treatment of judge kavanaugh(sp) called it disrespectful and unchristian. Said it portrays people of color in a bad light.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
              I know that much of what I am about to say will not be taken well by a segment of this society, but I will adopt the words of Nike and “just do it” ! Many of the problems that blacks claim to be their reason for certain actions and beliefs are of their own making. Many have no intention of assimilating into the American culture, its laws, values or even a need for education. It is easier to blame “whitie” for their plight, lack of jobs and thru crime, their actions against police which they then claim to be police brutality ! Obama played a big role in this current issue when he took the side of blacks during the Ferguson, Mo. riots matter, claiming the entire fault was that of police and their brutality. The blacks jumped on that bit of BS and have ran with it ever since. There is much more racism on the black side than on the white side, and if there are those who disagree, maybe they can explain how a black man was elected to two terms as president of a country that is almost 80% white !! I well realise this topic is about Nike, but it is also regarding a black cause which my concerns also involve. If we are going to consider Nike, Kaepernick and what is all involved in this movement, then all must be stated, as much of Kaepernick’s philosophy is suspect to say the least ! There are many non-blacks in this country who also are subject to many of the same problems claimed by the black community, but we do not see riots from them, or find causes in their defense. I guess that rightiousness is reserved for only those who display the most disrespect to society ! I do not like to turn this situation into a race topic, but that is exactly what Nike has done with their involvement and the right to answer has to be respected !
              We need to hear more from the black community voicing concerns regarding the actions of those who are guilty of crimes, or not bettering themselves thru education. Their silence on these matters only lends credibility to such issues and serves no benefit to the community of either blacks or whites.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PigHunter
                It's been a couple of decades since I've owned a Nike product. Got no dog in the fight.
                I've never bought Nike. When my wife was running up and down hospital corridors for 12 hours, she would occasionally buy high end shoes but they didn't seem to work any better or last any longer than the lower prices brands.
                ...but this ad thing?
                I wouldn't buy Nike's on a bet!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                  Kaepernick's slogan for the Nike ad is "Believe in something . Even if it means sacrificing everything," suggesting that he deliberately sacrificed his football career for a great principle.
                  I believe the fact of the matter is that he saw a chance to grab a freeebie while his contract negotiations were in the news, and it backfired on him. Now he's suing the league for conspiracy to deprive him of his livelihood, while he's jumping at the opportunity to grab a buck from Nike.
                  I wonder what “slogan” master came up with that little bit of crap ? Sounds too deep for him alone ! If he believes so much in it, he should not be complaining at this time, he made the sacrifice !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I never had a Nike product and would like to see them dump Kaepernick off the add campaign.On the News Some Collages are removing the Nike brand off their uniforms.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I could care less about Kaeperdick or Nike. Never bought anything advertised by a sports team except coke. Also, why are people on welfare walking around in $200 shoes and checking messages on $800 phones ??
                      So called athletes are mental midgets for the most part and are the worst kind of model for children to look up to. I have had some as neighbors and believe me you do not want that experience.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Haven't watched a National Felony League game in over three years, since the Super Bowl rejected the Henry Rifle commercial as "inappropriate". Quit watching then, and won't watch in the future. As to Nike, they will starve if they are depending on my business.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                          I know that much of what I am about to say will not be taken well by a segment of this society, but I will adopt the words of Nike and “just do it” ! Many of the problems that blacks claim to be their reason for certain actions and beliefs are of their own making. Many have no intention of assimilating into the American culture, its laws, values or even a need for education. It is easier to blame “whitie” for their plight, lack of jobs and thru crime, their actions against police which they then claim to be police brutality ! Obama played a big role in this current issue when he took the side of blacks during the Ferguson, Mo. riots matter, claiming the entire fault was that of police and their brutality. The blacks jumped on that bit of BS and have ran with it ever since. There is much more racism on the black side than on the white side, and if there are those who disagree, maybe they can explain how a black man was elected to two terms as president of a country that is almost 80% white !! I well realise this topic is about Nike, but it is also regarding a black cause which my concerns also involve. If we are going to consider Nike, Kaepernick and what is all involved in this movement, then all must be stated, as much of Kaepernick’s philosophy is suspect to say the least ! There are many non-blacks in this country who also are subject to many of the same problems claimed by the black community, but we do not see riots from them, or find causes in their defense. I guess that rightiousness is reserved for only those who display the most disrespect to society ! I do not like to turn this situation into a race topic, but that is exactly what Nike has done with their involvement and the right to answer has to be respected !
                          I recently read an article about the absence of big chain supermarkets in black communities, calling them food deserts.
                          No explanations were offered, except to note that the big chain supermarkets operated on very small profit margin, which ruled out price reductions to increase sales.
                          I did a google search for the answer, and found comments suggesting that the prevalence of shoplifting was a big concern. One comment was that the black community has very little money, so they don't spend - they steal.
                          Another comment was that in times of civil unrest, the black communities tend to riot and burn down their supermarkets and other stores after looting them. Their insurance rates must be astronomical.
                          Just my two cents.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Unless the sell at Costco for $15 a pair, not my style.

                            NFL has been a washout with me for quite a while. Playoffs and the stuper bowl arevall i watch and maybe not then. Wife still has those damn season tickets for a perpetual loser team that she can't sell. Waste of money.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                              I never had a Nike product and would like to see them dump Kaepernick off the add campaign.On the News Some Collages are removing the Nike brand off their uniforms.
                              I am indifferent to the outcome of this ad campaign. Nike makes a good product, and they have to take calculated risks in their advertising.
                              They are running a business and not a political organization.

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                              Right Rail 1

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Right Rail 3

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X