Are you afflicted with road rage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you afflicted with road rage?

I read recently about a driver who said he is afraid to keep a gun in his car because he is afraid he might use it in a fit of road rage. Does this sound like you or anyone you know?

I carry a firearm every day in my car. Never has the thought crossed my mind.
    If you have those thought maybe you shouldn't own a gun.

Comment

I admit that I get very frustrated and angry when driving in heavy traffic and dealing with bad drivers. However, I have never ever done more than loose some profanity from the confines of my own vehicle.
      Anyone that doesn't have self-control to not immediately resort to lethal force probably shouldn't have a firearm, and in fact if the idea that any personal anger is justification to resort to easy violence, they need mental help.
      If that driver is experiencing that level of driving anger, than he might want to look into some Anger Management.
      The saying is an armed society is a polite society, so I would tell that driver that if he thinks it's a possibility that having access necessitates the possibility of use; he doesn't have full control of himself, and is not a responsible adult.

Comment

I carry every day. The way things are, I'm afraid not to. Other than road rage, there are carjackings, bump and stops, hold ups while stopped in traffic, and robberies at gas pumps and convenience stores. Rather be safe than sorry!

Comment

Like buckshott00, I may cut loose with curses and swears from the confines of my own vehicle, but I've never felt it necessary to inflict harm on others.
          The first fatality by a Texas CHL holder was a Dallas "road rage" incident.
          The motorist hit a truck drivers mirror at a red light. The truck driver, a 275 pound, double Y chromosome, mullet haircut ape began beating the offending motorist through the drivers side window...until the motorist finally got his hands on his weapon....!

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
            I carry every day. The way things are, I'm afraid not to. Other than road rage, there are carjackings, bump and stops, hold ups while stopped in traffic, and robberies at gas pumps and convenience stores. Rather be safe than sorry!
            I'm with you brother.

Comment

We both carry every day, we manage to stay out of trouble. We don't deal with bumper to bumper traffic, just a lost driver or a sleepy driver. I fear the most in a Walmart Or Walgreen's Parking lot when some thuggee looking people ask for {$13.00} to have a Flat fixed, My guess there looking for $15.00 Or $20.00 dollars why ask for a odd amount??? And Why are three people needed to ask for money??

Comment

*Sorry Double Post*

Comment

Yes. I am afflicted by the people who become incensed when they are "stuck" behind me when I'm driving farm equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
                    Yes. I am afflicted by the people who become incensed when they are "stuck" behind me when I'm driving farm equipment.
                    Moving farm equipment is a REAL joy!
                    Don't know about where you live, but the majority of roads in my area are simple 2 lane affairs with no shoulder.
                    The roads are straight but the little hills and hollers make it almost impossible to get around a John Deere 9600 with duals and a double wing disc and hamie.
                    One guy in the area has a big 9600 with "triple" wheels! Meeting that thing coming down the road is a bit spooky!
                    It takes an operator that watches both forward AND backward and can move over to let traffic by when they can.
                    Unfortunately, those things won't go 65mph! LOL!
                    Harvest is just ending here. The custom "weed whackers" are leaving in droves.

Comment

And that even goes for when I am driving the speed limit and someone is driving right on my bumper, that pisses me off too. Under those situations, if you need to stop suddenly, they are going to be in your back seat !

Comment

BHR - When this happens in the daytime, try turning your headlights on.
                        Your taillights will light up, and the driver behind you will think you are hitting the brake.

Comment

The vast majority of my road time is on gravel roads, the balance being on shoulderless two-lane black top.
                          Most folks you'll meet on the road around here are either involved in or grew up on a farm, and the people who hail from the city aren't a bad lot for the most part. It's just those few...

Comment

Today's Cars & Trucks have CRASH lights it's the Light above the rear window or in your Tailgate witch shows up if you apply your breaks. Triple A recommends you slow down and let him pass you or move out of his way.

Comment

I seldom venture forth into town without seeing some cretin on the interstate or in town that rightly deserves a double tap. Just not my job to administer it, so I’m more likely to ignore their stupid behavior when I’m armed so as not to be inconvenienced by a police interview. Most of the boneheaded jerks don’t want to play bumper tag with a Suburban or full sized Silverado with their rice burners anyway. Happy Trails

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad