Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have any suggestions for improvement on this website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSSoutdoorsman
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter
    I'm tired of all the political postings and think they drive people away. Apparently, those responsible will not self regulate so I wish for a moderator to censor those out / delete / whatever.
    JHJ-Whatever. I don't plan to be brainwashed (though there is a hypnotist show at this weekend's orientation...) by anyone while away. I am a pretty independent thinker, and I plan to keep it that way. I agree that there are plenty of liberal teacher, but that's not necessarily a bad thing... and I haven't had a single teacher who tried to push their views onto me, though I've had quite a few who were openly liberal. I'll let you know what it's like in NE.

BHR-I appreciate the apology. Like I said, I wasn't offended; now I'm not even disappointed. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
    GET RID OF THE POINTS SYSTEM AND THAT STUPID LEADER BOARD. It has caused more trouble than it's worth ... and it's worth absolutely nothing as anyone who's been on this site for any amount of time knows well enough. The vanity trippers can move on. They typically add little to the site but a lot of unnecessary fluff.
    Your suggestion is good, Jimbo. Some of those caption contest winners were obviously shills who precipitated never before or since and their "winning" entries were real duds. I enjoyed those contests but regretted that they too often became rigged frauds.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
    Seems like no one uses this as really a question and answer posts they should turn it into a forum board. This way we can PM or just share what we wanna talk about. They also should put a spot in there for all you politicians since that's all I really see postings of.
    This phone doesn't have a disable feature. I'm stuck with having to read and reread before posting.
    Most times I catch it.
    The very time I "don't" catch it, your becomes you're!
    The "edit" feature works okay...ONCE!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    GET RID OF THE POINTS SYSTEM AND THAT STUPID LEADER BOARD. It has caused more trouble than it's worth ... and it's worth absolutely nothing as anyone who's been on this site for any amount of time knows well enough. The vanity trippers can move on. They typically add little to the site but a lot of unnecessary fluff.
    I think the users should have had the opportunity to vote for captions and not the editors. They could have made the captions anonymous for a secret vote. Also, I understand some of the winners never received their gift.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
    I would like it if I could get notifications if someone replies to one of my answers, replies, comments etc. that would be nice. might keep the traffic going too, since people would actually have conversations instead of leaving messages that might not ever be looked at again as the next things come up.
    I get e-mails of replies to answers not sure if it is F&S or OL.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I would like it if I could get notifications if someone replies to one of my answers, replies, comments etc. that would be nice. might keep the traffic going too, since people would actually have conversations instead of leaving messages that might not ever be looked at again as the next things come up.
    Good Point. People seem to follow the most recent postings, and forget there is a page two.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    There used to be such a notification on OL some years back and it was very helpful. But it went the way of cheap dates for some reason and was left out when redesign of the site was thought to be a good idea, which along with this site has proven to be incorrect !

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    Oh man the User tests. Remember all the people that came and started posting like crazy trying to get to keep reviewed gear, only to realize it had been years since anything like that had happened. I miss the old "Caption this" prizes as well.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm tired of all the political postings and think they drive people away. Apparently, those responsible will not self regulate so I wish for a moderator to censor those out / delete / whatever.
    I stand by my post concerning the “young of the world” ! I did not specifically name or point out SSS, he just happens to fall into that age group and student category, and that is not his fault nor mine. It is unfortunate that his post triggered my response of this topic and it appears to some that my remarks were addressed to SSS personally, which they were not ! I will say SSS, that if you also interpet my remarks in that way, I sincerely apologize for so doing !!!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    A lot of positions on here are of the conservative bent. Just remember SSS, when you go off to School, your liberal teachers will outnumber the conservative ones 35:1, and they do have an agenda.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    State the change you would like to see.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
    Seems like no one uses this as really a question and answer posts they should turn it into a forum board. This way we can PM or just share what we wanna talk about. They also should put a spot in there for all you politicians since that's all I really see postings of.
    "spill chick" my young amigo!

Leave a comment:

• SSSoutdoorsman
    replied
    BHR-Perhaps you are being sarcastic; if that is the case, please ignore what I say next...

"Well, I must say, it is heart warming to know that the young of the world are so up-to-date on political issues that nothing is left to be learned !"
    I NEVER said that I have nothing left to learn. Not here, not at school, not at home, not ever, not anywhere. And I can't really imagine a situation in the future where that would even cross my mind. If you reread my post, you will see that I explicitly mentioned learning twice.

While I consider myself to be pretty smart, there are plenty of people who are smarter, including many on this site. Note that I used "hear" in my post above, rather than "here". I think that I was originally typing heard, then changed it, who knows. The point is, I make mistakes, and can admit it.
    "Too old to be of worth to the world?" Gee, I hope that I have more that 5 years of worldly value left!
    ETC, ETC you get the idea... You over-extrapolated, or misinterpreted my post. I'm not offended, but I am a bit disappointed.

I had more, but I'll leave it at that. My point was just that there are plenty of other places to get/share/discuss the politics, I'd rather that this site focus primarily on the outdoor activities that we love.

SSS

EDIT: Thanks PH and F270 for the support. Yep, I'm just asking for a reduction in the political posts. I don't much mind the discussions, it's just the quantity. As I've suggested before... If F&S is, for whatever reason, the ideal venue for these discussions, just make a single "Question", let IT get buried, and those that are interested can "bookmark" it and use it like the "Backlash and Blowback" page that I've read so much about. If anyone is interested in learning more, I'd be happy to share!

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Agreed PH, the kid made a good post.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad