Is your tetanus shot up to date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by country road View Post
    If there's a shot or vaccine that will help me stay healthy and continue to enjoy doing what I do, you'd better believe I stay current with it. I agree with Tree about the farm equipment, except that I keep my tetanus up with five year boosters. I take shots for flu, pneumonia, shingles and unnecessary ugliness. Three out of four work.
    The diphtheria vaccinations have really worked out well.
    There have been just 5 cases reported in the U.S. in the last 15 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
      I'm a once every 10yr Guy. when you work around rusty farm equipment & fencing wire.
      I got my first tetanus shot at 14 along with my working papers.

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
        If there's a shot or vaccine that will help me stay healthy and continue to enjoy doing what I do, you'd better believe I stay current with it. I agree with Tree about the farm equipment, except that I keep my tetanus up with five year boosters. I take shots for flu, pneumonia, shingles and unnecessary ugliness. Three out of four work.
        I get a Flu Shot every year from age 50 to now!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
          When I worked in plants and shops where metal was being machined and cut I would go the once every 10 years route.

CDC recommends one before travel.
          In my younger days crossing rusty old barbed fences found on state land a good idea to get a tetanus shot before the hunting season.like tune-up your truck every 10,000 miles back then!!

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
            I'm a once every 10yr Guy. when you work around rusty farm equipment & fencing wire.
            In the service a guy was getting ready to go overseas so he was taking all his shots. He took the Black Plague shot and guess what, he got the Black Plague. Must be the shot was not attenuated enough. Spent 10 days in the Hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
              No.
              Did you know the bacteria that causes Legionnairs Disease is commonly found in soil everywhere. The reason we don't get it is because it is in low concentrations and our immune system knocks it out if we do pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                When I worked in plants and shops where metal was being machined and cut I would go the once every 10 years route.

CDC recommends one before travel.
                When I was young my Father was digging a hole with a long heavy bar that came to a broad chisel point - I always called it a spud but don't think that is the accurate name. Anyway, my Sister got to close and it came down right on top of her foot and came out the bottom of her shoe. She never shed a tear until she got to the Hospital and it took 4 nurses to hold her down for a shot. They cleaned the wound and dressed it and sent her home - no structural damage to the foot.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad