Is your tetanus shot up to date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your tetanus shot up to date?

For many years, it was believed that booster shots were necessary every ten years, but recent research shows that once every thirty years would be adequate.
    I think a person's chance of contracting tetanus is now about one in ten million, but the fatality rate is about 13%.
    I'm not taking any chances.

If I had as many needles sticking out of me as I've had stuck in me, I'd look like a porcupine!
    I've been xrayed so often, I should glow in the dark!

Comment

As I recall, it used to be annually on your shot record when applying to get a visa for many countries. So, every ten years is pretty good. Especially if one travels as much as I do

Comment

No.

Comment

I'm a once every 10yr Guy. when you work around rusty farm equipment & fencing wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
            I'm a once every 10yr Guy. when you work around rusty farm equipment & fencing wire.
            And watch out for that rusty nail!

Comment

If there's a shot or vaccine that will help me stay healthy and continue to enjoy doing what I do, you'd better believe I stay current with it. I agree with Tree about the farm equipment, except that I keep my tetanus up with five year boosters. I take shots for flu, pneumonia, shingles and unnecessary ugliness. Three out of four work.

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
                If there's a shot or vaccine that will help me stay healthy and continue to enjoy doing what I do, you'd better believe I stay current with it. I agree with Tree about the farm equipment, except that I keep my tetanus up with five year boosters. I take shots for flu, pneumonia, shingles and unnecessary ugliness. Three out of four work.
                I see you are back, stars and all. Congrats!

Comment

That shingles shot is important, even if the co-pay is high.
                  I've know three people who got shingles, and they all say it was the most painful experience of their life.

Comment

I only take the flu and pneumonia shots

Comment

Never had a tetanus shot in my life. Actually only take a flu and pneumonia shot.
                      When I was in the service I signed my own shot card and never took the shots.

Comment

I got my first tetanus shot in the army at the reception center.
                        It was painful to move the arm that got the shot, so naturally, I was given a broom to sweep the floor with.

Comment

Same with me,Pneumonia and Flu with a 10yr tetanus booster shot.

Comment

Last time I took a "flu shot" was in 1992.
                            The wife and me were at the doctor for our regular check up.
                            "How about a flu shot while you're here?"
                            "Sure! Why not?"
                            A week later, we knew, "Why not?"!
                            We'd never been so sick!
                            Haven't had a flu shot since and will never voluntarily take another!

Comment

When I worked in plants and shops where metal was being machined and cut I would go the once every 10 years route.

CDC recommends one before travel.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad