Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.Ohio temp Friday 12:30am

This is unusual to be so cold this early in the winter

It is 4 deg at 12:30 and might go down a couple more deg. 40+deg Sunday.

One night this cold I heard a scratch at the back door. Opened it up and a dog busted in. He had a collar but could not find his way home. He looked around and I gave him a bowl of warm water. Called his owner and they came for him.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

One night this cold I heard a scratch at the back door. Opened it up and a dog busted in. He had a collar but could not find his way home. He looked around and I gave him a bowl of warm water. Called his owner and they came for him.
      Doc,jimbo, You are a man amongst men, who preformed a good deed;-))

Comment

When temps drop below freezing for some time Do You leave some water dripping so not to damage your plumbing??

Comment

It seems like it's colder then usual in other place but here in Alaska it's warmer then usual I even heard from someone at work that it snowed in Egypt. I probably need to look that up

Comment

Originally posted by Srbyam View Post
            It seems like it's colder then usual in other place but here in Alaska it's warmer then usual I even heard from someone at work that it snowed in Egypt. I probably need to look that up
            Some sites say it's fake and some not but the fake ones are talking about the pictures people posted

Comment

1 degree here this morning.

Comment

-2 this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                  When temps drop below freezing for some time Do You leave some water dripping so not to damage your plumbing??
                  I also helps to wrap your outdoor faucets in old towels until the hard freeze passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                    Yes drips are welcome this time of year. All outdoor faucets are frost free, 10 to 12" shutoff. Garden hose removed. Replaced all copper under the house with PEX this summer. Hope no surprises during those Brass Monkey days.

Comment

Hot diggity---it's 45 degrees with the wind 10 knots out of the north. Perfect for my favorite ladder stand and I can now justify buying some of the cold weather clothing I bought on wishful thinking. Perfect hunting weather for here in South Alabama, and the rut will be starting in three weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

It is impossible to turn your back on a stray, lost or hurt dog ?!

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
                          Hot diggity---it's 45 degrees with the wind 10 knots out of the north. Perfect for my favorite ladder stand and I can now justify buying some of the cold weather clothing I bought on wishful thinking. Perfect hunting weather for here in South Alabama, and the rut will be starting in three weeks.
                          @ 10:55 this morning it's 61*deg the Hi/72*deg, Perfect day to be in my T-stand But I'm doing a Gun Show, I'll try some Separation. their money & my Guns before X-mas! This is one of the best Weekends of the year!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad