No announcement yet.

Winter cometh !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been said that you warm yourself twice when you use firewood. Once when you burn it, and also when you have to smear Icy Hot all over every muscle in your body from splitting the damn stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
      Heat/hot water, cooking and clothes dryer all LP. Make my living delivering the stuff, company supplies my home as a job perk.
      In my younger days that might have worked out better.

Ever see a rusty beer wagon? I haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougfir View Post
        Geothermal heat pump (that powers a forced air system). I can heat my house, in this very cold climate, for $350.00 per year. It's wicked cool. I burn wood when it gets below zero. I think the wood is cheaper than the electricity at that point.
        Doug; Ice forming up your way yet? Didn't fish once last winter, couldn't trust it. Hoping to get out a few times this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pray- hunt-work View Post
          I have a rannai on demand gas water heater for domestic, a Viesman V 100 gas boiler for hot water wall mount panel radiators and a ducted fugitsu ac/heat pump which although tasted down to 15 below is probably only efficient to zero.
          PHW. I replied earlier but it went into limbo somewhere.

It's supposed to be low single digits here tonight, guessing you'll find out how that pump works soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougfir View Post
            Geothermal heat pump (that powers a forced air system). I can heat my house, in this very cold climate, for $350.00 per year. It's wicked cool. I burn wood when it gets below zero. I think the wood is cheaper than the electricity at that point.
            It is on the smaller lakes, for sure. Been really cold lately. I haven't checked out any of the bays on Champlain yet. If it doesn't warm up, things should be good soon.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How Many Died
              by CD2
              Drug addicts are like drowning people.
              They will probably pull you under if you get close to try and save them.
              They are pulling society down...
              Today, 02:38 AM
            • How Many Died
              by jhjimbo
              On Tucker Carlson last night he said 750,000 died from Opioid overdose in a ten year period. More then WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, combined.
              01-16-2020, 11:04 AM
            • Reply to How Many Died
              by CD2
              You are right, back in the day, 30 yrs or so ago, a guy could be a bit of a dumbarse and clean himself up, get a factory job or education and be civilized/normal....
              Today, 02:36 AM
            • Reply to How Many Died
              by CD2
              Kids today, most of them, have way over inflated egos.
              Mommy and daddy have told them they're special, when they aren't.
              Social media warps...
              Today, 02:22 AM
            • Reply to How Many Died
              by CD2
              Blue collar town.
              Urbans and hillbillies (democrats).
              There are some good kids.
              But the public school system has mostly liberal teachers/admins...
              Today, 02:18 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X