What's The Weather Like In Your Neck Of The Woods?? Snow In Florida "OMG"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
    Very cold and about 5" snow when I returned home to Ontario Thursday. Drove straight through from Montana as usual. About 26 hours plus two hours lost changing time zones. I took my time and did some shopping along the way (didn't buy anything but two pairs of jeans ... to replace the half dozen I wore out pheasant hunting). Weather was fine till I hit Minnesota border. Snowing lightly the rest of the way. Finally warmed up slightly today but snowing heavily. We are looking at a white Christmas for sure.
    26 hr, with no sleep driving in snow? You must be a tuff old bird;-))

Comment

We’ve got maybe an inch here in Michigan nothing out of the ordinary. Temps in the 20s but it’s supposed to get cold and real windy tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dougfir View Post
        After a warmer, mostly snowless hunting season, which ended yesterday, today I woke up to an inch of snow and no wind. Mother Nature is definitely trying to break my spirit...
        She's definitely been a fickle wench this year. I had the same thought today, after our southern zone season ended yesterday: No wind, after every one of the few days I did get out was windy enough to make me a bit uncomfortable amongst the trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaaragona1 View Post
          We’ve got maybe an inch here in Michigan nothing out of the ordinary. Temps in the 20s but it’s supposed to get cold and real windy tomorrow!!
          It's dropping in to the hi 20s tonight with an other cold front coming in? This is not Fl, weather,Woman & Girls are dressing like Eskimos in the Malls???

Comment

41 degrees and wind where I'm at

Comment

Is this the same Treestand that was rubbing it in to us Michiganders about the 70 & 80’s there in Fla., that being 1-2 days ago ? You should have been nicer to us northeners, maybe you would have been treated better down there. See what you went and done ? LOL ?

Comment

In the north Atlanta area, we had about 10" of beautiful snow. Temps were a few degrees below freezing at night and just above during the day. Boy, you can see deer through the trees with this stuff. They stick out like a sore thumb. I love deer hunting in fresh snow. It has been fun to track animal activity in the woods. I've seen coyote, deer, bobcat, dog, donkey and cow prints where I least expected them.

Comment

That’s right you tell him bow hunter!! ??

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                    In the north Atlanta area, we had about 10" of beautiful snow. Temps were a few degrees below freezing at night and just above during the day. Boy, you can see deer through the trees with this stuff. They stick out like a sore thumb. I love deer hunting in fresh snow. It has been fun to track animal activity in the woods. I've seen coyote, deer, bobcat, dog, donkey and cow prints where I least expected them.
                    Wow that sounds great,The little snow we got did open the planted pines some what, you could see about 80yd in tracks all over the place, one of my guys nailed a 12pt monster of a buck deep in the pines almost 2hr to drag him out;-((

Comment

In eastern Oklahoma highs are in the sixties, lows around 35 degrees. It has been below 32 a few times, including last week when it got down to 15.

Comment

2 hours sounds like a great drag!

Comment

Originally posted by Dougfir View Post
                          After a warmer, mostly snowless hunting season, which ended yesterday, today I woke up to an inch of snow and no wind. Mother Nature is definitely trying to break my spirit...
                          In the Adirondacks, the norm is for the wind to cycle through all 4 directions, every 5 minutes or so (and that's really not an exaggeration). Yet another reason I rely so heavily on tracking. Since the season ended, it's like a switch has flipped. We're getting 6" or so today. (Hand smacking head).

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
                            We are in the 30s and no snow. Still wondering if it's going to be like last years winter.
                            Yeah, that is the problem Lupo, it snowed here too and I never got laid either ! Bummer !!

Comment

I do know He called in to camp for some help, two younger guys had to walk in, No way to get an ATV in;-((

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How Do I Know ???
                                by jhjimbo
                                You are smoking some bad weed.
                                Today, 03:42 AM
                              • How Do I Know ???
                                by jhjimbo
                                How do I decide who to vote for in the November Election ? Easy, just look around at the squalor in the Cities that have been controlled (raped) by...
                                Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                                by 99explorer
                                To answer Rock Rat's question, I would say that Joe Biden would be the least objectionable candidate of the Democratic group.
                                In fact, he is the
                                Yesterday, 11:55 PM
                                by 99explorer
                                I'll say this for Rock Rat - I may not agree with him, but he has done a very thorough analysis, and has thought things through, which is more than I...
                                Yesterday, 11:32 PM
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rat, You are way off on your characterization of the candidates. In answer to your question there is not one I consider right for the Country at this...
                                Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X