Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Field and Stream has apparently discovered a way to dodge Google Chrome's ad blocker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field and Stream has apparently discovered a way to dodge Google Chrome's ad blocker.

I simply cannot get the site to operate without the ad blocker. The ad crap is ridiculously overwhelming and taxes my computer's RAM to death. Anyone else discovered this new development today?

Honk. I use an android smart phone. Some ads but manageable.

Comment

I also am experiencing this OH. It is making this site unbearably slow, but I'm not getting it from other sites. You can go thru the reporting structure it helps some, but I am going to the people that wrote the extension to see if they can help.

I can't even post an answer anymore with out being taken to the ram trucks page.

Comment

It looks like it blocked my first response. Everyone be careful logging in. I was recently logged out when it should remember my password.

I am getting the same issues and have reported to AdBlock's team.

I will check in periodically but I'm not going to hang around the site until this is resolved.

Comment

I don't have an ad problem, maybe you are getting Canadian ad's.

Comment

Seriously delayed responses and not seeing the same from OL. More than a little PO'd because my OneTab connection doesn't seem to be working with F&S!!

Comment

I have an ad-blocker in place and have not experienced any problems posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                I have an ad-blocker in place and have not experienced any problems posting here.
                As I typed this answer, I was not fully confident that it would get through, but it did. I'm not a techie, so I cannot explain.

Comment

Same experience here. Even with adblocker it is unusable. I have no idea whether is is related to ads or something else as I am not seeing too many ads. Might just be a capacity, configuration or design problem.

Comment

I logged in with a different PC using Firefox instead of Chrome. No issues. Maybe it's fixed or maybe it's something inherent to Chrome.

Comment

Ugh. Looks like the delay is still present. I went back to my main PC, and confirmed that the site wasn't better. Then I tried with Microsoft edge. Ads confirmed. Finally, I went back to this back up and turned off the VPN. Sure enough the ads came back. Looks like we all need to setup VPN's to do our browsing from now on.

Comment

When the new site was introduced I had problems with all browsers except Mozilla. No problems using it.

Comment

I have a sneaky suspicion that the ISP is at play here. I recently changed internet providers and have started to have various issues. May the 2 are non-sequitur but it seems a bit suspicious that these issues just started happening.

Comment

All I know is that I DON'T know what the h*** RAM is.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                              I have a sneaky suspicion that the ISP is at play here. I recently changed internet providers and have started to have various issues. May the 2 are non-sequitur but it seems a bit suspicious that these issues just started happening.
                              I didn't change provider. This is F&S's doing entirely. All other sites the ad blocker is operating normally. Man, this pisses me off!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad