Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a humorous hunting story that is as of yet untold? Here's my latest. We won't mention any names heh heh..........Abou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a humorous hunting story that is as of yet untold? Here's my latest. We won't mention any names heh heh..........Abou

Anyone got a humorous hunting story that is as of yet untold? Here's my latest. We won't mention any names heh heh..........About 20 years ago I was assigned at Ft Wood Mo. A friend of mine was 65, an avid small game hunter and wanted to shoot a deer. We'll call him "Uncle" Well he had a friend that lived nearby and he got an invitation to hunt on the friend's "80 acre Estate". I agreed to go and help Uncle with the hunting. The Gent had a beautiful place with huge house, tennis court, pool, greenhouse, woodshop and long winding driveway. He and his lovely wife really rolled out the red carpet that evening. The next day our host posted me near a pond and put Uncle on stand in a woodlot at the best spot on the property. Well, you know what happened. No sooner do I get on stand than a nice 10 pointer shows and my rifle provided a bang flop. After tagging and field dressing the buck I decided the scout the property and see if a deer could be moved in Uncle's direction. When I found the property line I did some glassing and saw a fine buck over the fence. At lunch our host said he was sure we could hunt the property in question so Uncle, yours truly and the groundskeeper went hunting over the fence that afternoon. Just about sundown Uncle and I was sneaking down a trail when 3 doe' popped out of the brush at about 60 yds. Picking a nice big one Uncle took aim with his Ruger Mdl 77 .270 and with his barrel shaking like he was having a seizure he yanked off a shot. The doe just stood there so I said "Uncle kneel down and shoot again". He did and the deer just stood there unfazed. "Uncle you're shaking with buck fever get in a prone", I whispered. That shot was a bullseye and in a moment we stood over a nice fine very dead doe. The wind was very calm, the kind of day when sound really travels and in the distance we clearly heard a truck door slam, a loud engine turned over and the sound of an old truck really hauling it in our direction. Turns out there was a dirt road on the ridge above and our caretaker friend was standing there having just missed 2 shots at the other doe'. Thinking fast I said Uncle what if our friend is wrong about us hunting here? Let's take these orange vests off and lay in the bushes. The guy will never know we are here. Just don't move or talk. The dang caretaker waited 'til the guy saw him then ran right by us leaving the area. A very angry guy jumped out of his truck and ran into the woods nearly stepping on uncle and I and halted at the deer. As we lay there the guy said "Hey buddy you left your deer, come on back and get her". several times. I looked at Uncle and he was shaking so bad you would think the vibrations would alert the guy. It was all I could do to bite my tongue and not laugh out loud. If this guy had pissed he would have hit our boots yet he never saw us. After cussing a bit he took our deer and left. I gathered my 2 buds and we E&E;'d (Army speak for Escape and Evasion) back to our friend's place. We agreed not to mention the fiasco to our host to avoid any tribulations between he and his neighbor. Several years later Uncle couldn't stand the guilt, 'fessed up and told our host what had happened. That is when he found out the property belonged to our friend's secretary and her son was the dude that got Uncle's deer. LMAO everytime I think about it. Ishawooa, you have met Uncle's son. I love that old man, he is like a father to me. A few years later we went out again and he got a really nice 8 point buck. That is another good story.

That's pretty funny Del. Lucky he didn't have to take a leak.

Comment

Funny stuff. Once watched a friend shoot 4 times at a doe while bow hunting, all 20 yard shots, missed badly all four times. Never seen such doe fever, he was shaking for 10 minutes after.

Comment

FFFFUUUUUUUUNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

YOUR KILLIN" ME DEL'
          O.K. Here goes.(Names changed to preserve honor/innocence).
          While elk hunting with someone and his 4 nephews. I went to the top of one hill and my buddy "Chip" went to another, with the youngest(12 at time/legal age to hunt in Colo./with an adult)
          Well the nephew had to answer the "call/#2), so "Chip" tell's him "just go over there, but don't go to the up-hill side because that's where "Big O's going to be comming from.
          Well he goes EXACTLY to the side I'm sitting on and proceed's to drop his drawers and doo his business, about 200yds down-hill IN THE OPEN from me.
          So I start down the hill calling his name(Let's call him Bobby Hill/King of the Hill)."Bobby, where's Chip? Not loud mind you, but loud enough to hear from about 100yds out. He jumps up and starts looking for me. I yell a little louder, "Bobby, Where's Chip? Still looking for me/still don't see me.(now about 75yds. out and in the open. Finaly I yell loud "BOBBY WHERE IS CHIP? He replys over there , where are you at?
          I reply, "If you'll pull your pants up I'll tell you".
          Well "Chip" hears the last two returns and yells at "Bobby". "I TOLD YOU BIG O'S ON THAT SIDE OF THE HILL WHY DID YOU GO OVER THERE TO POOP?"
          "Oh,I thought you wanted me to go over here".
          I yell again "CHIP TELL BOBBY TO PULL UP HIS BRITCHES AND I'LL COME ON DOWN" "WHAT ! ! ! YOU'VE STILL GOT YOUR PANT'S DOWN ! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
          As he pulls up his pants he says "When Big O called to me, I still had to go and wanted him to see me.
          Hope ya' like that one Del, I've still got a few more.

Comment

Good story, Del, I am going to keep that mental picture for a while alright ... 2 guys lying down in the bushes with their hunter orange off and at least one shaking like crazy... it is too funny!

Comment

OK, I'll give you one of my less embarrassing ones. Last fall, I'm bowhunting. I've got a buck decoy about 20yds. from my stand. So, I have a nice 8pt. come thru, and I pass on him, but it's a fun encounter. Then I get sleepy. I fall asleep soundly, and the next thing I know, I hear this SHEWWWW! SHEWWWW! I wake up startled, and look over, and there's a NICE 9 pointer about 30yds, broadside, snorting at my decoy! He starts to move off, and I grunt and snort wheeze, turning him around 3 or 4 different times, but never getting him back in range. Not my proudest moment hunting, but hey, I can laugh at myself.

Comment

My story is in the category of the hunter worried about the game warden but I chicken out when I could have ...

Well, we go to this military reservation in VA a decade or more ago where the squirrel season opens up earlier than the rest of the state [back then for some reason they wouldnt open up the squirrel season till it was nearly November like the bushytails were an endangered species or something... go figure, now it is all of September and some of June!] But the military reservation was more reasonable, unfortunately on this day we found they decided no hunting today! So we head 5 miles to a public spot; closed season! We get out of the truck discussing whether the game warden is ready for just such a stunt? do they really care when it comes to squirrels? I get nervous as [email protected]#l. I step over this little ridge and there is a flock of turkeys ... about 20 birds easily in range and I am talking 100% OUT OF SEASON on these turkeys. The mama bird must be going crazy but these youngsters just stare at me like "what is the big deal?" At this point I could have shot 2, 3 or more birds? Who knows, all illegal even if in season you are only supposed to shoot one a day. All I can think is this is public hunting and "the game warden might show up." I don't shoot. Slowly they start to fly off, all points of the compass till all are gone. I wander off to hunt squirrels wondering if I would even shoot one of those critters, and all around me there is this huge racket of these turkeys wanting to get back together in a flock. As is their instinct as most hunters know. Went on for *hours*, and every 15 minutes or so two or three young ones would walk right up to me going "are you my daddy?" By now I was a mess. Couldnt shoot.

My brother took off in a different direction and never heard a thing.

Fellow hunters, is there anything more tempting than taking game *slightly* out of season? Especially when you can know you werent going out for this game, just pure luck!

I guess I have never done it, certainly not with turkey or deer I don't think I could be tempted enough to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big O View Post
                  YOUR KILLIN" ME DEL'
                  O.K. Here goes.(Names changed to preserve honor/innocence).
                  While elk hunting with someone and his 4 nephews. I went to the top of one hill and my buddy "Chip" went to another, with the youngest(12 at time/legal age to hunt in Colo./with an adult)
                  Well the nephew had to answer the "call/#2), so "Chip" tell's him "just go over there, but don't go to the up-hill side because that's where "Big O's going to be comming from.
                  Well he goes EXACTLY to the side I'm sitting on and proceed's to drop his drawers and doo his business, about 200yds down-hill IN THE OPEN from me.
                  So I start down the hill calling his name(Let's call him Bobby Hill/King of the Hill)."Bobby, where's Chip? Not loud mind you, but loud enough to hear from about 100yds out. He jumps up and starts looking for me. I yell a little louder, "Bobby, Where's Chip? Still looking for me/still don't see me.(now about 75yds. out and in the open. Finaly I yell loud "BOBBY WHERE IS CHIP? He replys over there , where are you at?
                  I reply, "If you'll pull your pants up I'll tell you".
                  Well "Chip" hears the last two returns and yells at "Bobby". "I TOLD YOU BIG O'S ON THAT SIDE OF THE HILL WHY DID YOU GO OVER THERE TO POOP?"
                  "Oh,I thought you wanted me to go over here".
                  I yell again "CHIP TELL BOBBY TO PULL UP HIS BRITCHES AND I'LL COME ON DOWN" "WHAT ! ! ! YOU'VE STILL GOT YOUR PANT'S DOWN ! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
                  As he pulls up his pants he says "When Big O called to me, I still had to go and wanted him to see me.
                  Hope ya' like that one Del, I've still got a few more.
                  LOL That one got me laughing so hard I started drooling! LOL
                  Nice one! LOL

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The Culture of Lying
                    by 99explorer
                    Let's give credit where credit is due.
                    FDR gave us Social Security and LBJ gave us Medicare.
                    Thank God for both.
                    Today, 11:06 AM
                  • The Culture of Lying
                    by jhjimbo
                    The culture of lying is epidemic in Washington, D.C. and the rest of the Country. How did this get started? Was it Richard Nixon ? The crooked main...
                    Today, 08:16 AM
                  • Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                    by bowhunter75richard
                    As was previously posted.......the midterms are no sure victory for conservatives. As stated, the dimwits will pull every trick to denounce their opponents...
                    Today, 10:30 AM
                  • FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                    by rock rat
                    Former US President Donald Trump has said his Florida home is being raided by the FBI.

Mr Trump said in a statement Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach...
                    08-08-2022, 07:39 PM
                  • Reply to The Culture of Lying
                    by FirstBubba
                    Uhhmmm.....I think it goes back even farther!

As we all have our personal demons and little "dark secrets", I'm pretty confident...
                    Today, 10:24 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X