Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your states dumbest hunting or fishing regulation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your states dumbest hunting or fishing regulation?

What is your states dumbest hunting or fishing regulation?

i dont think we realy have one

Comment

No more check stations, They are going to phone/internet system this year in Ark.
      I'll miss the "stations". Getting your picture taken and put up there, seeing all the deer everybody else took, sad.

Comment

IL DNR keeps limiting the number of places that snagging can occur. I'm down to one place within a reasonable driving distance on the mississippi.

BigO -- IL got rid of the check stations about 4 years ago. There's positives/negatives but I do miss looking at what folks were bringing in. I have property in the golden triangle of western IL and I have seen some mighty fine buck go thru the check stations.

Comment

dumbest? really, all regulations are there for a reason. maybe you may not agree with them, but they are there for a reason.

Comment

I think you are being a touch naive reid jones. special interests, brides, etc. influence regulations and laws everyday. Not all regulations are for the good of mankind; many exist because the mighty dollar paid for it.

Comment

Dumbest? They just about all dumb. Don't get me wrong, some things are probubly good for wildlife populations like maybe bag limits. But carring wrong caliber gun or ammo, I would like to have more than a 22 if I run into a mad wild hogg. The number of fishing poles you use or paying for public boat lauches provided by government, really to me it's just a bunch of cobbled up non since that causes more trouble than its worth.

Comment

There are some dumb ones, but most are there for good reasons. Without payment on boat launches my guess they wouldn't be there and ofcourse would never be maintained. Should we just go willy nilly around lakes and forests? One dumb one in WI all firearms must be cased until shooting time and when shooting time ends. For one it is for the most part unenforceable and no one abides by it. Do not know anyone who will sit in their tree with a cased gun.

Comment

Back in the seventies, when fish contamination was a real problem, the NY DEC had a warning they put out about size and bass. Do not eat a bass over 10 inches. The size limit was at least 12 inches to be legal. Maybe not dumb, but it certainly was a sign of the times.

Comment

This is an easy one for me. We are not allowed to hunt on Sunday and I believe that this is the most ridiculous regulation that anyone could imagine. Everyone gets to use the out of doors all week long except the ones who pay for the upkeep of it all. Stupid beyond comprehension!

Comment

jay-i'm not saying i don't disagree with my states laws! there's a couple of them that i don't swing for. but there are reasons that the laws were put there.

Comment

In the state of Virginia and I believe only like 9 other states now. The regulation that does not allow us to hunt on Sundays is by far the dumbest regulation we have.

Comment

I feel for you guys who can't hunt on Sundays. that is a truly rediculous law. I also miss check stations, but I don't miss the 30 min. drive to and from. I don't think all regulations are for the good of the wildlife/environment, good ol' moola plays a big part in everything.

Comment

No hunting on Sundays? I don't like that either. Could it be related to many check stations not open on Sundays? Just a thought. I don't agree with the law, but if there are very few check stations open would it be easier to force them to stay open or to say no hunting on Sunday? Can you fish on Sundays in these states?

About our boat launches, they shut down a few camping areas and build new launches in areas. It makes me think of the gasoline scare of the 70's, capping off perfecly good gas wells. Game wordens also drive around in new trucks and boats. Isn't it nice that we have to pay for all their new programs and laws and replace perfectly good equipment because they have the money. How many of you buy a new SUV and Boat every couple years?
                            Where does it stop, more fees? I already pay over 1/3 of my encome to the government. More fees, more up keep, more government employees.
                            Why not make every job a government job and pay our whole check to the government. That way no one will be unemployed. LOL

Comment

One of the dumbest is magazine capacity regulations. I mean who really cares how many rounds someone can hold in their deer or turkey gun? And it is none of the government's business anyway!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad