Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, so I had a picture of the exit-wound on the gobbler that my friend killed with his bow this year it was a good, educational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, so I had a picture of the exit-wound on the gobbler that my friend killed with his bow this year it was a good, educational

OK, so I had a picture of the exit-wound on the gobbler that my friend killed with his bow this year it was a good, educational picture that showed what a Rage 2-blade expandible broadhead can do. It may have been slightly bloody, but that is nothing to be offended by, I mean if it weren't for blood we would all be dead. Anyway, I posted the picture on this sight and one of the editors or somebody took it off. Can somebody please tell me why these people get so so upset by blood when it has everything to do with hunting?

rule of thumb for taking pictures of your kill. no screwing around. take meaningful pictures. they might of taken it like you were showing off how badly your turkey bled. maybe it showed that it was unethical, i don't know.

Comment

It was just the opposit, it showed how ethical and quick-killing bowhunting for gobblers is. And they still shouldn't be offended by blood ("If you are offended by blood you are spitting in the face of God. Shame on you! God gave us blood so we can quickly and humanely harvest his animals for our food."-Ted Nugent on Spirit of The Wild TV)

Comment

I dunno..I dont think we hunters are offended by blood per se...we understand that blood is part of hunting etc, etc...

However, as hunters we are a minority, socially, politically and otherwise...hunting is not a "right" guaranteed by the constitution...we have to project the best image possible to the voting, non-hunting public...this not only means obeying game laws and not being a "slob" hunter but also conducting yourself ethically and promoting our sport in a positive way...taking classy, tasteful photos of your game is one way to help do that..

Comment

Just a thought ...
          Maybe it didn't down load correctly.

Comment

Most mags. tell you when sending in photos to "clean up" the animal. No blood, no tounge hanging out, etc.
            It's not hunter's it offends. It's the anti's, and the dramatic pics could be "to much" for younger viewers.
            As 2Poppa said " just a thought".

Comment

Those pictures shouldn't be considered too much for anybody. Being offended by blood is completely immoral and to pretand otherwise is souless.

Comment

Listen to Big O he is right on. It's the anti's

Comment

Well the anti-hunters aren't going to be on this site, now are they?

Comment

I dont think we need to worry about offending the anti's...they already hate us...

we need to keep the VOTING, NON-HUNTING PUBLIC on our side...its not the antis we have to worry about..its PUBLIC OPINION that will make or break us...

Comment

KingFisher907
                      I certainly couldn't have said it better. As hunters we know all about blood and displaying it does no good thing. Public opinion should be very important to us as a group. Many people don't hunt and don't care if we do but a picture that is not properly displayed could change the opinion of some non-hunters and that something that we simply can't afford to do.

Comment

KingFisher907, not sure about your state, but the state I live in, along with many others actually have written into their state constitutions that hunting is a right that we are entitled to.

Comment

dont think it would be the antis they shouldnt be on this sight and if they are who gives a crap theres not chance in changing their minds i didnt see the picture but even if it was to protect the public did anyone see the protests in iran on cnn the guy that got shot in the head? he was all bloody you turkey couldnt have been anything compared to this

Comment

hjohn429 did you get points taken off when they removed it? i dont think the would have saw the picture unless someone reported it

Comment

I don't see it so much anymore but since I was a kid I was taught to have respect for the game I hunt. Yes, I kill it but my objective is kill it humanely and to treat it with respect all the way to the freezer... not to mangle it, splatter it with blood and parade it around in an inhumane form. Its not just the tree huggers you offend, it is the people who have a high regard for the animals we hunt. And on this site, my friend, I suspect that would be many of us.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How Do I Know ???
                                by jhjimbo
                                You are smoking some bad weed.
                                Today, 03:42 AM
                              • How Do I Know ???
                                by jhjimbo
                                How do I decide who to vote for in the November Election ? Easy, just look around at the squalor in the Cities that have been controlled (raped) by...
                                Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                                by 99explorer
                                To answer Rock Rat's question, I would say that Joe Biden would be the least objectionable candidate of the Democratic group.
                                In fact, he is the
                                Yesterday, 11:55 PM
                                by 99explorer
                                I'll say this for Rock Rat - I may not agree with him, but he has done a very thorough analysis, and has thought things through, which is more than I...
                                Yesterday, 11:32 PM
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rat, You are way off on your characterization of the candidates. In answer to your question there is not one I consider right for the Country at this...
                                Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X