Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to do a european mount. I don't want to do the boiling because I don't think my stomach or my neighbours could handle the smell. I have heard a few alternatives that I have never tried but sound like they may be worth a try. Reviews also say n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Worked a job 6a-6p/6p-6a. In Jan and June, we rotated shifts.
    Every other weekend was 3 days off. Fri-Sat-Sun.
    Drawback?
    When I rotated to 6p-6a, it was always Jan in the depths of winter. So I went from "It's cold!" to, "OMG! IT'S FREEZING!"
    In June, I rotated to days and went from 70 and 80 degree nights to +/- 100°F out in the broiling sun!

I tried one time to get them to rotate every 4 months. No dice.

When they finally set up the 6a-6p, 6p-6a shift rotation, another plant opted for 12p-12a, 12a-12p!
    One of the plant supervisors asked me what I thought about the 12-12 shifts, I spoke up.
    "Whoever that poor soul is on midnight to noon is going to be useless about the time the sun comes up. It's human nature."
    They went to the 12-12 anyway.
    When it came time to rotate back, the crew at that plant voted to stay "as-is".
    The two 12p-12a guys were quite happy.
    One of the 12a-12p guys was the plant supervisors "YES!" man. The other had a young son.
    Poor guy stayed on 12a-12p for 3 years until finally throwing a wall eyed fit and threatened to quit!

Leave a comment:

• IanS
    replied
    I love night shift work. Waking up at 430 to work at 6 is what exhausts me. The adjustment from nights back to days can be a tough one too. It usually includes a Netflix day.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    While in the military, I worked 6 days, 2 days off. 6 afternoon, 2 days off. 6 midnites, 3 days off. Hated the afternoon shift but got used to it !
    Bhr,
    I worked 7a-3p on Sat, off 24 hours (1 day). Worked 3p-11p Sun-Mon, off 24 hours (1 day). Worked 11p-7a Wed-Thu off 48 hours (2 days off? Just barely!)
    When ever I woke up, I didn't look at the clock, I checked the calendar. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    While in the military, I worked 6 days, 2 days off. 6 afternoon, 2 days off. 6 midnites, 3 days off. Hated the afternoon shift but got used to it !

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by IanS View Post
    Same to you! Shift work destroys any chances of normal sleep patterns
    Did that crap for probably 35 of my 40 working years. Hated on night one. Hated it the last night! LOL!
    Worked with a gent who used to say, "Lot'sa folks seen more days than I have. Not many have seen as many nights as I have!"
    I worked a swing shift for nearly 2 years. Worked 5 days a week, had 4 days off.

Leave a comment:

• IanS
    replied
    Same to you! Shift work destroys any chances of normal sleep patterns

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    How’s everyone doing? I know this is not really a chat line but hey, conversation when you can’t sleep is a good thing
    Well, Ian, I'm in south Texas for the winter. I'm doing fine.
    I see at 1:43AM you're wide awake.
    It's now 6:15AM here and I just finished a pretty nice sleep cycle. Hope you were able to finally get some sleep!

Merry CHRISTmas!

Leave a comment:

• IanS
    replied
    How’s everyone doing? I know this is not really a chat line but hey, conversation when you can’t sleep is a good thing

Leave a comment:

• IanS
    replied
    We have a bylaw and now provincial requirement. Limited capacity, no company, no friends in restaurants. Not fun but it will pass

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Where are you located? We have quite a few restrictions in Alberta. Some places have it much worse though.
    SW Oklahoma, U.S.A.
    We have some inside dining. No mask "mandate".

Leave a comment:

• IanS
    replied
    Where are you located? We have quite a few restrictions in Alberta. Some places have it much worse though.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Congrats on the doe. I always look for a big old meaty doe for sausage, links, etc. They're just "better". 😃!

Other than the inanity of mask mandates, lockdowns and social distancing, we've had no problems.
    Oh, and all the insanity of Gov't intervention in places gummint shouldn't be intervening.

Leave a comment:

• IanS
    replied
    I got a nice doe. Be a good bunch of sausage in the freezer so I’m looking forward to that. Trying out the back straps for supper tonight.

Covid has taken its toll on lots of people and I think everyone just wants to get back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Hey, sounds like it's worth a shot!
    Good to see you around.
    Getting any hunting done?
    How's the COVID-19 b.s. affecting you and yours?

Leave a comment:

• IanS
    replied
    I’m going to try another method of cleaning. I got 3 more sheep skulls. I put them on the bottom of the compost bin we typically fill with grass clippings over summer. Since it’s winter in Alberta there’s no grass clippings! I filled the bin with used coffee grinds from Starbucks in an effort to keep it warm and hopefully enough worms are active to clean the skulls. Just a trial, so we will see in the spring time! If it does not work I’ll clean them the way I did all the others. Anyone try this method?

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad