Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to do a european mount. I don't want to do the boiling because I don't think my stomach or my neighbours could handle the smell. I have heard a few alternatives that I have never tried but sound like they may be worth a try. Reviews also say n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rinced off and drying in the sun.
    Attached Files

Comment

• They are finally done. Just glued up today. The deer was a little crooked and the bottom jaw did not fit up to the skull nicely but overall I’m happy with the end result
      Attached Files

Comment

• If I might ask, what are the spots on the top, left skull?
        The rest look super!
        Good job, mi amigo!

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          If I might ask, what are the spots on the top, left skull?
          The rest look super!
          Good job, mi amigo!
          Top left is a deer skull. It was road kill from several years ago and was in pretty rough shape. A friend asked me to try make it better than what it was. There was a lot of dried skin and cartilage on it. I didn’t want to get too aggressive with boiling or chemicals and damage it to the extent that it would be trashed. It was very brittle when I got it.

The spots are actual holes in the skull. Eyes and damage. I’m not thrilled with the outcome but it’s better than it was. Maybe on one of my own non trophy’s I’ll let it get dried up like that so I can practice fixing a mess. Then If I wreck it nobody will care. That was just soaking in water and then peroxide. Badly stained though.

Comment

• Far out and groovy!
            Let us know how the repairs go.

Comment

• I glued up as much as I’m going to. It’s gone as far as I’m going to take it.

Comment

• Oh, okay. Well, it looks good.

Comment

• Thank you 👍

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad