Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to do a european mount. I don't want to do the boiling because I don't think my stomach or my neighbours could handle the smell. I have heard a few alternatives that I have never tried but sound like they may be worth a try. Reviews also say n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good, Ian!
    What's your next step?

Comment

• Blow out the dead bugs when they are dry. Depends on how many come out might have to soak and use air a few more times. Then peroxide in the sun, glue up the cracks and the teeth, varnish and glue on the horns.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        Is your nickman 'the skull man'? Are all those yours? Why do you have so many duplicates?
        Do you display them in your man cave or sell them ?
        I did a couple and when people seen the Buffalo they asked if I could do one for them. Then I did a little research and learned that they sell for way higher prices than I was expecting. I had an opportunity to get 6 heads so I figured it’s not a huge loss if they don’t sell but if they do I can take my wife to Mexico this winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanS View Post

I did a couple and when people seen the Buffalo they asked if I could do one for them. Then I did a little research and learned that they sell for way higher prices than I was expecting. I had an opportunity to get 6 heads so I figured it’s not a huge loss if they don’t sell but if they do I can take my wife to Mexico this winter.
          Sounds good Ian, but with the current situation in Mexico, even the tourist spots aren't safe.I think it was at Couzemel, a beach was hit by a random gunner firing from a wave runner.
          Acapulco was just hit by a huge earthquake.

You do as you wish, but I believe I'd just try South Texas.
          Comfortable temps and lot'sa fishing! 😉
          Maybe the Bahamas.

Comment

• Good to know! In 16 years of marriage we have only left the country 1x. Wether it’s Mexico or somewhere else we just want a getaway. Winter in Alberta gets pretty cold so a break half way would be good.

Comment

Good to know! In 16 years of marriage we have only left the country 1x. Wether it’s Mexico or somewhere else we just want a getaway. Winter in Alberta gets pretty cold so a break half way would be good.
              My South Texas hideaway normally has only 2 or 3 frosts per year.
              Wintertime temps run in the low 40's to the 70's.
              Nighttime "MAY" occasionally get down in the mid 30's.

Last year was freaky! 👀!
              We got down to 15°F! Unheard of! Like a 100 year record.

Comment

• Waco Texas was also mentioned. But I gotta sell the Buffalo heads first!

Comment

Waco Texas was also mentioned. But I gotta sell the Buffalo heads first!
                  Waco? Never viewed Waco as a tourist destination! LOL!
                  Come on down to Rockport or Port Aransas. Maybe Corpus Christi.

BUT......if you're passing through Waco and you're a history or gun enthusiast, check out the Texas Ranger Museum & Hall of Fame.
                  It sits right off IH35 just as you cross the Brazos River.
                  They have an excellent, awesome gun collection!

Comment

• This was today. I’ll be spraying with peroxide tmrw. Then gluing up the teeth and the cracks.

Comment

• Best of luck on the sales, Ian.
                      Skulls are looking good.

Comment

• Thanks for the support and answering questions. I’m hoping that tmrw the weather is sunny enough to spray them with peroxide and for it to whiten things up. If not I guess it can wait a bit too but I want to get them done before winter. There should be plenty of hot days left to get it done.

Right now they are outside and actually getting rained on so I’ll be curious if that helps the process or not.

The stink is gone so I’m definitely part way there.

Comment

• Gave them a spray yesterday. They were pretty stained so it may take a few more treatments. They are lightening up but some of the staining may just have to stay there. I don’t mind I think it looks really cool.

Comment

• This was today

Comment

This was today
                              By golly you got them looking pretty good, Ian!
                              Way to go!

Comment

• 4 coyotes and a bear. Buffalo should be done in the next few days.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad