• Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Catching 42 inches Striper Bass!!!

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    Belly boating in some strip pits about two hours from home, casting Slug-Go's and hooked up on a largemouth bass that was as long as my forearm from elbow to fingertip. The bucketmouth actually was pulling me around in the belly boat!

Leave a comment:

• fisherman1016
    replied
    cathing my 1st fish

Leave a comment:

• bomberpride
    replied
    Catching the biggest bass ive caught this past weekend

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    I was on a Canadian fishing trip with a bunch of class mates and a friend and i went to a small portage lake. It was like a fishing show, we caught fish on every other cast, it was insane. Northerns and walleyes on everything we threw at them, we didn't catch any trophies but we caught so many good fish i will never forget it.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    The first time my wife and I fished together, we were using ultralight spinning tackle, 4-lb monofilament and a Mepps lure. She hooked into the biggest Golden Trout I'd seen before or since. Her enthusiasm and joy was a sight to behold, and I doubt either of us will ever forget it. That was a "Kodak moment", but I didn't have a camera!

Leave a comment:

• dwaynez
    replied
    Catching my first 9+ lb largemouth, I was tossing a jig and pig lure, as I was reeling in the line and just about the lift the lure out of the water, I saw a huge mouth coming from beneath the water, the bass slammed the lure and actually flopped onto the bank. As soon as he realized what happened he was back into the water and peeling drag. The fight was then on and after a few minutes I landed the bass, it was my first bass in the 9lb class.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    it would have to be the one that got away. i hooked a good 24 inch brown in a creek no more than 8 inches deep and 2 feet across. i got the thing all the way on the bank, before he fliped off and down in to a water rat hole.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Hooking a barn door Halibut in Alaska that eventually got off. Catching a 51 lb Copper River King Salmon. Catching more Silver Salmon than I could count on ultralight tackle from a Gin clear stream while watching my back for bears in AK. Catching a 10 lb Largemouth in Florida when I was 14.

Leave a comment:

• T
    replied
    I love just going to the small river and fishing with a friend. Those memories will always be with me probably but fishing with an old parents friend and catching a 8 pound bass, then falling in the pond was probably my favorite memory.

Leave a comment:

• BamaCreekBum
    replied
    Fishing with my Grandfather. He just knows such much more than I do. We usually catch fish and I learn alot. The best part is that I'm only 18 and he is only 60. We have plenty of time to make more memories.

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    replied
    All my memories of all the fish ive caught w my brothers and dad from our beach house on the eastern shore. Man, i love fishing in the summer.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Pernice the fly rod winner
    replied
    6.2 pound state record smallmouth bass.

Leave a comment:

• Charley
    replied
    Watching my first daughter catch her first fish. She was dancing all over the shore line.

Leave a comment:

• kjflorian
    replied
    King Salmon fishing in the river when they came up to spawn. Caught so many my arms were ready to fall off.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad