Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't mean to get off topic, but we outdoorsman and woman aren't ALWAYS sitting in the tree stand. What do you guys do when yo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't mean to get off topic, but we outdoorsman and woman aren't ALWAYS sitting in the tree stand. What do you guys do when yo

I don't mean to get off topic, but we outdoorsman and woman aren't ALWAYS sitting in the tree stand. What do you guys do when you're not doing anything related to hunting or fishing? If you're a game warden or guide, please say so.

I'm an IT Business Consultant for the largest energy company in the Carolinas. Which means I spend a lot of time behind a desk, unfortunately, not really my career of choice, kind of fell into it. When I'm not at work I like to kyak, ride my motorcycle, hang out with the wife and kids, hang out at the local bar every now and then.

Comment

Working for a living paying taxes to keep all the illegals and welfare recipients in beer money.

Comment

I am a US Marine, work logistics. Also just recently I became a Hunters Safety Instructor so am looking forward to teaching a few classes.

Comment

I cut firewood for winter and go about doing my regular job, but nothing beats hunting and fishing.

Comment

I'm a biologist. Work mainly with fisheries and aquatic invertebrates, but do a substantial amount of wildlife biology work as well. Just depends on what needs to be done (i.e. whats paying at the time). My work has a fair amount of field work (collecting and processing samples). Like many of us here, I'd say that when I'm not Hunting and Fishing, I'm thinking about it and getting ready for the next time I get to go.

Comment

Work, blog, work, read and save money for a rainy day gun show.

Comment

great answers guys. plus one to all. if you don't know, i'm still in high school. in my spare time i golf...alot. i love it. just recently bought myself some new Nike irons. just waiting for them to come in the mail. i play a lot of sports. summer basketball takes up some time. i decided not to play baseball this summer because i took up golf. i work when i can, gotta have a little money!

Comment

Besides work, I try to play golf once a week in season. Work on my house, yard, garden. Beach with the wife and kids. occassional surf.

Comment

I still gotta be outdoors. I mean I have to work to pay the bills, but other than that...

Camping, canoing, hockey, frisbee golf (traditional golf got too expensive and time consuming), walking my dogs, taking my kids to the park to play, or just sitting in my back yard watching the kids and dogs play. Having kids consumes a lot of time. But I be sure that, as much as I can, I am preparing them to be outdoors poeple. They have been camping and canoing, etc since they were babies.

Comment

i play football and basketball and watch tv. i dont do much else

Comment

I give advice, train bird dogs and test gear for F&S. Also retired from US Army and work a little for the USPS.

Comment

I'm a stay at home dad so I chauffer my kids around and have lots of free time to hunt and fish and be on F&S web site.

I also coach an AAU basketball girls,team called the Fillies.

Comment

lookk and help work on cars is what i like to do

Comment

I manage a warehouse system for a locality, trying to keep everybody in toilet paper, among other things. The guy who controls the coffee and toilet paper has true power.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad