Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does everyone hunt rabbits? I walk around early in the morning or at dusk. Also what do ya use? I use my 870 or a .22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does everyone hunt rabbits? I walk around early in the morning or at dusk. Also what do ya use? I use my 870 or a .22

How does everyone hunt rabbits? I walk around early in the morning or at dusk. Also what do ya use? I use my 870 or a .22

Always in the winter with some snow on the ground. Wait until its the warmest part of the day (they are out feeding) and walk around. I use my Ruger .22 when I don't have dogs, 20ga if I am with dogs. Stomp brush piles- all the standard stuff.

Comment

Using a beagle to work brush is the most rewarding way to hunt rabbits. If you miss the rabbit when it is first jumped; a good dog will circle the rabbit right back to you. Nothing beats the sound of a beagle bark trailing a rabbit.

Comment

I just walk around the woods in the and kick up brush piles with a mossberg 500 pump. I do not need snow but it really helps.

Comment

i walk in the timber and use 22 17 cal and 12 ga

Comment

I kick whatever looks like it might have rabbits, usually it needs to be cold and a light snow is nice to give them away easier.

Comment

I've used dogs with other people, but my dog isn't much of a gun dog. Before she got old she would hunt rabbits for herself. She wasn't like a cat, all playing with it. She ripped them in half as soon as she caught them. I don't know why. It was pretty cool though.

Anyways, I just go and stomp brush piles or walk trails when I take my double 20, and sometimes I try to stalk them when I take my Winchester slide .22.

Comment

I shoot them I see one when I am hunting something else. More of a big game and bird hunter myself.

Comment

I shoot the if/when . . . I missed the if/when part

Comment

ahead of a beagle with a 22. pistol , or re curve bow

Comment

i use my 870 wingmaster 12ga when season comes in and my rabbit beagle(spelling?) see my pix for the dog.

Comment

i never go soly (spelling guess were all having an off day) for rabbits but i keep an eye out when pheseant hunting with my .410 or remington 870 12 guage

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad