Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there any reason to buy a $2000 or more bow when you can buy a aftermarket $500 bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there any reason to buy a $2000 or more bow when you can buy a aftermarket $500 bow

is there any reason to buy a $2000 or more bow when you can buy a aftermarket $500 bow

Who's trying to sell a $2000 bow? A brand new Mathews goes for $700-800.

Comment

AMEN BROTHER Jim in Mo

Comment

NO! dont waste your money. ive been told before, the bow is only as good as the shooter. matthews is overrated, get a diamond i love mine.

Comment

Do they even sell bows for over $2000. -.- If your talking about after buying all the accessories you could get up in that range but...anyway BowTech and Diamond make good cheap bows. Look into them.

Comment

thats exactly what Diamond and BowTech are is cheap, go with a good Mathews DXT

Comment

Go to a Pro-shop, get yourself measured and buy a Mathews. Use advice from the pro to choose a model. A new bow quality arrows, rest, sight, release, stabilizer, etc will run 1000 to 1400 bucks. Depending on how you pick. You will be glad you did. There's a reason Mathews is number 1.

Comment

You dont need a $2000 bow, but you also should not go buy a bow based on name, for you maybe a Matthews or a Diamond wont be the right fit. You need to go to a Pro-shop and shoot various bows(different brands) and then see which one YOU like best and feels best, not based on the name.

Comment

I guess if you want it gold-plated and diamond encrusted, even a pawn shop bow will be around $2K. But even with the very BEST bow, and acessories, you shouldn't spend more than $900 to $1000. Most bow manufacturers today sell a premium, high-end model, at high-end prices, as well as a couple of "lesser" models (usually built on the exact same technology), for less money. Go to a bowshop, pck out a couple of bows that catch your eye, and shoot 'em. Pick the one that YOU like, and buy it. No matter what, it's an expensive hobby, and you might just as well get the very best bow that fits YOU well, and forget about price.

Comment

I will tell you I bought a old stock new mathews for around 500. It shoots good, better than I do.

I like Bow Tech also my Dad shoots one and we'll trade off almost constantly shooing the best group at 40 yards (usually aroun 3-4 inches)

and just food for though I just got back from Iraq and Bow Tech is sending bows to service memebers for about 30-40% off I thought that was awesome but I left before I could get one and they don't offer them stateside. :_( I may get rid of my Mathews just for that. I do appreciate the support they gave us with the price breaks and supporting the troops.

Comment

I shoot a $400.00 PSE bow I bought 3 years ago. I made a deal with my wife. If I can kill a worthy trophy with it, I get to buy a higher end bow, like a Matthews, Hoyt, or Bowtech. I've been able to put 4 arrows in a group the size of dime at 40 yards with my "lower end" bow. I agree with some of the other posters, shoot as many bows as you can and then choose the one you shoot the best and can afford. Archery is expensive, if you're serious about it, invest well. Don't get caught up in the "Speed" Bow hype. If you can't comfortable draw the bow back and hold a draw, it ain't worth buying, I don't care how fast it is. Comfort from a Smooth Draw, Accuracy, Kinetic Energy, Solid Back-wall, and Quiteness should be more important than IBO Speed.

Comment

the cost of the bow doesnt make it shoot any better. get a decent bow and set it up right, toon bow properly, learn to shoot correctly, shoot alot untill you do same thing all the time. when you do wrong you will know it instantly.

Comment

Matthews Z7!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad