Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you rate a post as "No" to the the question "Good Comment?"? Because it is in poor taste or offensive? Because it wasn'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I leave it alone!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I leave it alone!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I leave it alone!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I leave it alone!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I leave it alone!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I leave it alone!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I leave it alone!

Leave a comment:

• libertyfirst
    replied
    It is frustrating to see a "-" appear beside your answer or your comment. Most of the time I believe that people are responding to a question with a result from their personal experience. I believe that the "-" means that someone feels that I'm not being honest or that I'm offering poor advice. The political responses are a different matter all together. We all have different positions politically and we all have the right and I say the responsibility to speak freely and openly about what we believe. If I get a "-" from a political question I accept it as a different point of view.

Leave a comment:

• BuckTheSystem
    replied
    There has to be some a-hole tone to it. I can agree to disagree otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Bowers
    replied
    I guess like everything else, it's a personal choice.

-If they say something I truly feel emotional about, I will give them a +1 and mention why (if I have any information to give).
    -If they respond personally to me in a discussion within a discussion, I quite often give a +1 (part of that positive personal interaction this site is designed for).
    -Likewise if I am responding personally by name to them.

-If they are trolling for a fight, -1.
    -If they deliberately and repeatedly argue a counterpoint, or continue "yelling" past the point of information, a -1.
    -If they throw in a two-word quip just to "make points", SOMETIMES a -1.

I give credit for trying somehow, like this answer here, to actually explain in answer to a legitimate question, that I respect it enough to think about it, put in the effort to convey that thought by typing legibly, and show respect for the person asking.

With anonymous scoring, people can't stop a "vendetta", though. A recent poster complained that someone had tracked down their posts and photos, and marked them down.

And on some questions with a bunch of answers, I may just, like here, pick a response I like and give it a +1.

Leave a comment:

• peter
    replied
    if it is in poor taste or if it is wrong and doesnt make senxe

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    If it is irrelevant, stupid, or offensive, it gets a minus. Just because I don't agree doesn't merit a negative response.

Points? Who's keeping score anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    I'm with ken "offensive/dangerous.
    If you don't like what someone has to say. Be an adult(even if your not yet/ "ie hunterkid94") and speak your mind, don't be scared.
    To hunterkid94 sorry I had to use you as an example but it was for the good because you DO speak up.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter Savage
    replied
    i will go with Steve's answer.

Leave a comment:

• ken.mcloud
    replied
    I only give "-1"'s when someone says something highly offensive or dangerous.

And I always provide a counter argument to what they have said.

It really gets me when someone leaves a "-1" without any explanation as to why they did it.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad