Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any body ever made ther own knife? I did. A friend of the family gave me a box of parts and it was a really nice stainless s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has any body ever made ther own knife? I did. A friend of the family gave me a box of parts and it was a really nice stainless s

Has any body ever made ther own knife? I did. A friend of the family gave me a box of parts and it was a really nice stainless steel blade and some brass for makeing a cross-guard. After much fileing and pounding, I was able to fit the cross-guard on and prepare for makeing the handle. I used standard para-cord with a series of lashes and braides tied off with a regular knot on the end. The blade steel was so hard that I had to use and electric grinder to get an edge on it. After that, I used a series of course,mediun and fine diamond sharpeners. Finally I used good old Arkansas to smooth it out and it can cut a paper towel without tearing it. Hope to use it on a deer soon. Next project is to make a leather sheath and I may replace the para cord with leather cord. (The picture is in my profile.)

I made a few the easy way. Bought some blade blanks, the brass studs, shaped the blades, and made my own handles. Pretty cool.

Comment

The guy i work for is making a knife out of a lawn mower blade!

Comment

Yes I have!

Comment

Yes I have!

Comment

Yes I have!

Comment

Yes I have!

Comment

Yes I have!

Comment

Yes I have!

Comment

Yes I have!

Comment

Yes I have!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad