Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tennessee has an apprentice hunting licsense that takes the place of hunter's saftey for one year it costs $11, should I buy it or just take hunter's safety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee has an apprentice hunting licsense that takes the place of hunter's saftey for one year it costs $11, should I buy it or just take hunter's safety?

Tennessee has an apprentice hunting licsense that takes the place of hunter's saftey for one year it costs $11, should I buy it or just take hunter's safety?

Something you don't do today you'll have to do tommorow. If you have the time, take the class.

Comment

If you are a beginner hunter you really do need to take the class. It will help you afield and with fire arms knowledge. Can't go wrong with taking it.

Comment

Take the class.

Comment

An apprentice license usually means you have to hunt right next to someone else. If you think you like it, you'll have to take the class anyway. Better just to take the class, that way you're safe, and you're not cramping someone else's style.

Comment

Many states require out of state hunters to have a firearms safety class to buy non-resident licenses. You'll probably want it some day.
            And you'll learn good stuff in the class, beyond just basic firearm safety. Lots of hunting ethics, etc.

Comment

Take everyones advice and take the class. Questions are welcomed, it helps others learn things as well.

Comment

Take the class please and trust us, you will thank us later!

Comment

I live in TN as well. Take the class, you will need it later. The law in TN states that if you are hunting alone, or without your apprentice license you must carry your hunter safety card with you. So unless you plan on buying an 11 dollar license every year and never hunting alone the apprentice license is a waste of time.

Comment

No brainer, take the class.

Comment

Originally posted by Redhawk View Post
                      Something you don't do today you'll have to do tommorow. If you have the time, take the class.
                      Ohio also offers this. Our local Phesants Forever chapter has a youth pheasant hunt. Prior to the hunt there is a safty course and 25 sporting clays. The apprentice license gives younger kids a chance to decide if hunting is their sport. We also require a parent to attend.

Comment

Firearms are highly dangerous. The purpose of the hunter safety class is to help a little bit to ensure you don't kill yourself or your friends in pursuit of a good time. The class will teach you things you need to know for the rest of your life. Don't think of it like cooking a hot dog in a microwave. Think of it as a surgeon learning how to operate on a brain without killing his patient.

Comment

That sounds like a good program, I wish we had that in Georgia. From my personal experience, the safety course is mostly common sense. It is of course necessary knowledge before you get into the woods, but if you have somebody to hunt with and show you those things in a hands on way, I think that might actually teach it better.

Comment

Originally posted by small game sportsman View Post
                            That sounds like a good program, I wish we had that in Georgia. From my personal experience, the safety course is mostly common sense. It is of course necessary knowledge before you get into the woods, but if you have somebody to hunt with and show you those things in a hands on way, I think that might actually teach it better.
                            But like they said, taking the class would not hurt you, so why not just get the extra knowledge.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad