Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good bowfishing rig. I have a PSE nova that I would like to dedicate to bowfishing and was wo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any suggestions for a good bowfishing rig. I have a PSE nova that I would like to dedicate to bowfishing and was wo

Anyone have any suggestions for a good bowfishing rig. I have a PSE nova that I would like to dedicate to bowfishing and was wondering if anybody out there has some suggestions/good experiences with certain brands of bowfishing set ups.

I would just say make sure you get an arrow with the cord down the side to tie your string to rather than tying off right by the knock. Especially if you have an overdraw. I had problems back when I bow fished where my line was breaking. I finally saw some frayed line in my overdraw. After I switched to a better arrow, my problem was gone.

As for reels, I preferred to hand reel and wrap around a spool rather than to use a bow fishing reel. Simple and cheap.

Comment

As long as you aren't shooting 150lb gar, any of the gear at your local sporting goods store is fine.

Comment

Ive never bowfished before but these answers help me because i want to get into it for carp.

Comment

AMS Bowfishing outfit is the best on the market. It cost @ $150

Comment

Thanks buckhunter, that rig looks pretty sweet.

Comment

The AMS bowfishing rig is ABSOLUTELY the best and only one to use. I just finished another week of bow fishing and I never cease to be amazed at how well it works. After years of use, I have never had a tangle or a problem and that string coming out of the bottle imparts just enough drag to keep that heavy harpoon arrow flying straight. Although the arrow is heavy, you can accurately shoot out to 30 yards. I've tried about everything else out there and can honestly say, that there is NOTHING like the AMS rig. I saw the bottle/reel rig for $60-75 last week. I would recommend a good Muzzy harpoon tip on about a $15 fiberglass harpoon arrow. They sell little rings to put on your arrow to tie the string to... it slides up and down the arrow... don't tie to the nock... the string will tangle in everything. Use the sliding ring so your string always stays ahead of the arrow rest. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks DakotaMan, I've got it on order, should be here in a couple days. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Agreed with DakotaMan and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad