Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

here's a story for you. the story takes place deer season 08. the night before the season opens, a man is out illegally coon hun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here's a story for you. the story takes place deer season 08. the night before the season opens, a man is out illegally coon hun

here's a story for you. the story takes place deer season 08. the night before the season opens, a man is out illegally coon hunting. he was caught 5 years ago poaching deer. he was caught with five poached deer out of season and got his hunting privileges permenantly taken from. so he just gets a permit through his daughters name. so that night before deer season he was out coon hunting and shined this massive 26 pointer, HUGE massive rack, drop tines and all. he shot it that night(friday night) and cleaned it and snuck it back to his house and checked it in monday. the deer is under his daughters name. she doesn't even hunt. it's QUITE obvious that this man shot the deer. and it was told by him that it was poached. the story never got proven by the game and parks commission so now this man's daughter is recieving calls from cabelas for them so sell the deer for LARGE amounts of money. all this over an illegal scandal. everyone in our local area was just tickled silly about this whole thing. it's terrible really. these kinds of people are the reason gun ban laws and everything like that is happening. just wanted to share that with everyone.

That just gives poachers another reason to go out. I wouldn't even show interest in an animal if it was said to be poached if I were them. And thats another reason why I dont go coon hunting a couple days before rifle seasons opens and during.

Comment

People like to break laws, and for some reason laws get tougher on the law abiding. I don't really think its people like this that cause gun bans. But, I do think that law makers are look for people like this as an excuse to make more laws. I'm sure if a person were to look at a persentage of hunters very few ever poach. But, it's the one bad apple they use as a scapgoat to pass new law. To bad they don't make stiffer laws on people who speed on the high ways. That would probubly be a more useful way to spend our tax dollars.

Comment

Worst part about this story is an animal of that size, age should have been taken a more honorable way. This could have been a great deer for some young hunter to have taken and have a great story to tell people. Now it's just a poaching story.

Comment

Thats a disappointing story Reid. I can tell that its weighing pretty heavy on you as a true sportsman to watch all this go down. This guy will have to live with the lie that he created and hopefully (maybe in the future) regret what he did. I like to believe that there is a type of hunting Karma out there and he will get what is coming to him. The same way that I believe that the guy that stole my tree stand will miss the buck of a lifetime when he is sitting in it.

Comment

Nathan, Matouse, I agree totaly. It is sad. I have seen many deer carcase on the side of the high ways gutted with the hind quarters, backstraps, and horns removed. And, some people brag about it? It will come back on him someday. "The really sad part is, What is he teaching his daughter?"

Comment

Gentlemen all
              I agree with the disgust over this man, but I've said it before and I'll say it again now. As sportsmen we all have to speak with one voice and show to the powers that be our outrage with this type of trash. We simply can't condone this man being called a hunter, he is by every standard a criminal!!

Comment

I hope that at least the meat got used. I in no way support poaching but it really makes me angry when I find a carcass with just the antlers cut off and the rest left to waste. I hope there is a special kind of hunting karma waiting for those type of poachers.

Comment

Write Cabelas. May not do much good, but will certainly get attention if you state that your seeking to start a boycott over this.

Comment

I just recently shot my first buck. We waited for him and have seen many trail cam pix of him and he has never been shot until....the spring of 2008 when the pix show that he was hit near the chest. he survived till next hunting season when i killed em. when i cleaned him, we found the .22 bullet where probably some drunk shot em, still in his chest.

Comment

libertyfirst,
                      I agree, criminal!!

Comment

To libertyfirst: Ya left out THIEF !.

Comment

Agreed with libertyfirst and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                            by 99explorer
                            CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                            Anybody
                            Today, 01:09 AM
                          • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                            by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                            Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                          • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                            by 99explorer
                            Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                            Today, 12:57 AM
                          • The George Floyd case.
                            by FirstBubba
                            Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                            Minnesota...
                            Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                          • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                            by crm3006
                            My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                            Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X