Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a cabin fever question plus I'm bord: What was your favorite "old" tv shows from like the 80's or earlier? Mine would be a three way tie between McHale's Navy, Hogan's Heroes, and the Andy Griffith show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• santa
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    M.A.S.H.
    Northern Exposure
    Married With Children
    Battleship Galactica
    Hill Street Blues "lets be careful out there"
    Kojak
    Newhart
    Cheers
    Nightline
    Seinfield
    SNL

Amazing how Annette suddenly caught a bad case of lung warts and Bobby ended up dancing with Barbra Boylan and Cissy King on the Welk show. Cubby also went to Welk for a few years then left and did well hitting licks for Spike Jones, Ann margaret, Jim Nabors, Carol Burnett, and Karen & Richard Carpenter over the following years.

Leave a comment:

• Amflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
    Gary Devine: “Smokey and the Bear.” Duh.

Wa Mtnhunter: ”Dennis the Menance.“ Anything with Mr. Weatherby.

Ontario Honker Hunter: I was usually too busy to watch TV, as I had to follow the airwaves using only the signatures left in the air for over 356 miles to get to a working set…BUT, if I did I would watch “The Donna Reed Show.” FOXY MAMA!

M.A.T: our favorite…I mean my favorite, show was “Sybil”

Happy Myles: I was on safari when all the good television ships were on.

Happy Myles: Shrews.

Happy Myles: Shows!

jcmesq: My favorite, shows, were, as follows, all tending towards, if I may, the type of shows, they call, courtroom drama, as such.

Clay Cooper: I used to watch “The Rifleman” from 1000 yards away. With no optics. No lie, GI!

Yohan: “Har-har-hardy Boys!”

Blackdawgz: I uzzen to wach dat shew ‘bouten them flyboys in the cacki breeches…whazzit called? Oh yeah. “Blacksheepz Squadron.”

Pray-Hunt-Work: Speaking of TV’s, can someone tell me how tall a TV is so I can build a stand for it?

Amflyer: I don’t have anything constructive to add, but here is a poem about TV:

MASH is the show,
    ‘Bout peninsular wars,
    Houlihan is so hot,
    Builds a tent in my drawers.

Davidpetzal: Can I get on here?

Davidpetzal: You are all stupid. TV is worthless. You should be shooting instead, and it’s all Hilary’s fault that you are not.

PS: I might be more inclined to buy a television set if they made left-handed remotes.

Right you are, Matt37.

Leave a comment:

• M.A.T
    replied

Ontario Honker Hunter: I was usually too busy to watch TV, as I had to follow the airwaves using only the signatures left in the air for over 356 miles to get to a working set…BUT, if I did I would watch “The Donna Reed Show.” FOXY MAMA!

jcmesq: My favorite, shows, were, as follows, all tending towards, if I may, the type of shows, they call, courtroom drama, as such.

Clay Cooper: I used to watch “The Rifleman” from 1000 yards away. With no optics. No lie, GI!

Blackdawgz: I uzzen to wach dat shew ‘bouten them flyboys in the cacki breeches…whazzit called? Oh yeah. “Blacksheepz Squadron.”

Pray-Hunt-Work: Speaking of TV’s, can someone tell me how tall a TV is so I can build a stand for it?

Amflyer: I don’t have anything constructive to add, but here is a poem about TV:

MASH is the show,
    ‘Bout peninsular wars,
    Houlihan is so hot,

Davidpetzal: You are all stupid. TV is worthless. You should be shooting instead, and it’s all Hilary’s fault that you are not.

PS: I might be more inclined to buy a television set if they made left-handed remotes.

That was pretty funny. BTW I don't have multiple personality disorder; I have something just as annoying, four brothers.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied

MASH is the show,
    ‘Bout peninsular wars,
    Houlihan is so hot,

I think you confused "BJ and the Bear," with the trucker and the chimp, with "Smokey and the Bandit."

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Magnum, P.I. was the pinnacle of pre-HBO, pre-FX television entertainment, in my opinion. As for other shows from that era, I am man enough to share with you all that I watched every single episode of Little House on the Prairie. There, I said it and I'm proud. Those Ingallses were good hardy folk.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied

MASH is the show,
    ‘Bout peninsular wars,
    Houlihan is so hot,

Yohan!?
    HA! HA! HA! HA!
    Hadn't thought of him in a LONG time!
    Very good, Amflyer!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    M.A.S.H.
    Northern Exposure
    Married With Children
    Battleship Galactica
    Hill Street Blues "lets be careful out there"
    Kojak
    Newhart
    Cheers
    Nightline
    Seinfield
    SNL

Mickey Mouse Show - used to watch it after school. I was in grade school with Annette Funicello and her brother was a friend.

Leave a comment:

• Amflyer
    replied

MASH is the show,
    ‘Bout peninsular wars,
    Houlihan is so hot,

Leave a comment:

• deerhunterconor
    replied
    I had forgotten about so many of these shows, all I've watched of them was reruns though, another I liked when I was little was the Lone Ranger.

Leave a comment:

• deerhunterconor
    replied
    Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
    The Jackie Gleason Show
    Gunsmoke
    Columbo

Also Lassie, Sky King, Roy Rogers, Superman, Rifleman, Bonanza, Rawhide and many more. Seeing this list brought back many old memories. It is interesting to note how many of these old favorites featured a plot centered around guns and good shooting. Nowadays you won't find such shows. Interesting to note that in those days we had no random shootings and nowadays they are rampant. These shows always seemed to teach using that power for good.
    Wow I forgot about lassie, when I was little I used to watch it every afternoon as long as it was on.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    The Jackie Gleason Show
    Gunsmoke
    Columbo

Also Lassie, Sky King, Roy Rogers, Superman, Rifleman, Bonanza, Rawhide and many more. Seeing this list brought back many old memories. It is interesting to note how many of these old favorites featured a plot centered around guns and good shooting. Nowadays you won't find such shows. Interesting to note that in those days we had no random shootings and nowadays they are rampant. These shows always seemed to teach using that power for good.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    Hill Street Blues and Barney Miller.
    A serious cop show and a funny one.
    I almost forgot Amos and Andy, with Andy Brown, The Kingfish and their social club, The Mystic Knights of the Sea.

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    Used to love to watch reruns of MASH with my parents.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    Andy Griffith was probably my favorite, but "Gunsmoke" wss right up there!
    Then there were the Saturday morning shows.
    Sky King, My Friend Flicka, Fury,
    Roy Rogers and Dale Evans.
    Wanted: Dead or Alive
    Sugarfoot
    Have gun - Will Travel
    Rawhide
    Wagon Train
    ...and don't forget "Combat" with Vic Morrow!
    Combat was a great army show. Thanks Bubba plus one.
    Another good one was The Rat Patrol.

Leave a comment:

• seth trudeau
    replied
    Andy Griffith show
    Gomer Pyle

Never really cared for Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies was a once in a while watch, Daniel Boone (Loved the theme song LOL), Grizzly Adams.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad