Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have any goals as far as hunting goes? I know for myself I would like to take at least one of every game animal in TN wit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have any goals as far as hunting goes? I know for myself I would like to take at least one of every game animal in TN wit

Do you have any goals as far as hunting goes? I know for myself I would like to take at least one of every game animal in TN with my bow and expand that to other states as well. This also includes waterfowl, doves and everything. What are your goals and how do you plan on going about achieving them?

My goal every year is to shoot the Ohio Grand Slam with my bow. Whitetail, turkey and coyote. I've missed my last 3 dogs I've called in. Whitetail and turkey are the easy part.

Comment

My goal is a buck antalope. Keep puting in for tags in a GREAT spot. It may still a couple of years yet.
      I've got 4 pts now but it may take 6/8.

Comment

When I finally recieve a WI bear kill tag I would like to harvest a 400+ pound bear. I also would like to shoot a whitetail the scores 195+ on the B&C.

Comment

I would like harvest a 400+ pound bear when I finally get my WI bear kill tag. I would also like to harvest a whitetail that scores over 190 on the B&C.

Comment

sorry for the double my computer is having a brain fart.

Comment

My number one goal is to fill the freezer and put some good grub on the table. A trophy is just a plus to hunting and fishing.

Comment

My goal now is to raise a good outdoorsman and outdoorswoman. Personally I'd like to shoot a book buck with my bow too, but am content to fill the freezer. I've shot enough bucks now that I can be a little more selective.

Comment

My goal is to spend as much time as is possible in the woods and to fill the freezer. I've never really thought about getting many different species of big game but certainly don't discourage those who do. I agree with BUCKHUNTER about coyotes and bows! You get a coyote with archery gear and you've got a tropy!

Comment

To raise my kids to be better hunters than I.

Comment

I just try to beat what I accomplished the previous season...

Comment

My goal is to get out in the woods, see the sun rise listen to the birds wake up, see the woods come to life. I don't really set harvest goals. I've had limit years and goose egg years but I've enjoyed them all. Hunting season, mainly deer season, is my escape. I sit in an office 9-10 hours a day, drive through rush hour traffic 2 hours a day. I make the chance to escape that my goal as often as possible. I like to fish, take the kayak out on the river, etc. but I love hunting. Especially deer and turkey because it is more peaceful. Bird hunting is fun but I don't get the sense of peace I get from sitting still in the woods in a tree or on the ground watching it unfold around me. The second most peaceful thing is probably being on the river in the kayak if I can get out there alone. Escape is my goal!

Comment

My biggest goal is always to get home without being mistaken for a deer, or some other game.

It's not bad here in NC now, but in Georgia, there were a lot of idiots with rifles running around. I wore quite a bit of orange camo there.

Comment

Agreed with Jeff4066 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
                              by FirstBubba
                              jimbo don't like me. LOL! 😉! I caught him and called his hand....
                              Today, 07:26 PM
                            • Rest Easy
                              by jhjimbo
                              Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                              Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                            • Reply to More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                              by FirstBubba
                              Talk about caught twixt a rock and a hard spot!
                              Never did like Graham. He just looks cheesy to me.

Did appreciate what Graham did for...
                              Today, 07:18 PM
                            • More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                              by crm3006
                              Wow: Lindsey Graham Refuses to Issue Big Tech Subpoenas

Un-be-lievable.

Lindsey Graham swore up and down that he would
                              Today, 05:22 PM
                            • Reply to Rest Easy
                              by jhjimbo
                              I have blocked several that do not post anything worth reading, off topic wrong information, or pivoting on a thread.
                              The site is much more enjoyable...
                              Today, 07:02 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X