Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To follow up Gary's question; has anyone ever seen or heard something they can't explain? Whether in your house, or out in the woods? Athough preferably outside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by habben97 View Post
    I have just had the feeling of being watched. I probably was, who knows by what.
    Time for somebody to do a ghost story post. I did Bigfoot. LOL

Comment

Here's another that goes along with the whole bigfoot thing. haha
      My son and I were out fishing in the "boondocks", as we are driving along to the next spot we hear this loud crashing/wood breaking noise on the wooded hill along the road. We were both like, "what was that?". I even backed up trying to find the source, which we didn't. We were joking about it being bigfoot. Best part is it was near where the Bigfoot hunters were out by Stokes State Forest.

Comment

Originally posted by habben97 View Post
        I have just had the feeling of being watched. I probably was, who knows by what.
        Sg72, i find that feeling bothers me more inside the house then outside.

Comment

Originally posted by sg72 View Post
          My son and I were out fishing in the "boondocks", as we are driving along to the next spot we hear this loud crashing/wood breaking noise on the wooded hill along the road. We were both like, "what was that?". I even backed up trying to find the source, which we didn't. We were joking about it being bigfoot. Best part is it was near where the Bigfoot hunters were out by Stokes State Forest.
          With all the hunters, trail cams, and hikers etc. in the woods these days, someone would have had proof of this big stupid ape by now.

Comment

This is just a thought habben, but if you caught bigfoot on your trail camera, would you let anyone see it or would you keep it a secret to protect your own reputation?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
              When I bow hunted Maine black bears back in the early eighties, I was standing by a dirt Road waiting for the Guide to pick me up and it was pitch black. I heard something that sound like a human baby crying.

My Guide from Greenville, Maine said I heard a bobcat and they can sound like a crying baby?
              Have you ever had a owl screech right over your head??

Comment

I have a rather ugly cousin. He has dated more beautiful women than I could number. It is something I have seen and could never explain...

Comment

I have seen dead game birds fly away after they had been killed on the wing by crack wingshots:-)

Comment

More than one time while hunting on our little section of family land I have hear what sounds like people far off yelling "help". It always freaks me out because I will hear it faintly but when I stop what I am doing and listen I can't hear it again.
                    The first time I was with my girlfriend and she too heard it while we were walking along a ridge squirrel hunting.
                    The second time I was cleaning a deer close to the road in the pitch black. That added with coyotes yelping close by made my skin crawl. I literally had to stand there for 5 minutes with a pistol in one hand, knife in the other, and my headlamp looking around before I could go back to work.
                    I was so scared I made an absolute hack job out of that poor doe.
                    I will never clean another deer alone up there at night. I'll drive back to my grandparents house or something, it was too creepy.

Comment

I have had so many experiences. The one that really stays in my mind is this one: I was supposed to be going out with a friend of mine and her father, only I woke up in the morning with this intense feeling not to go. I called my friend, told her I was sorry, but I just couldn't go with her. On the way home they were rear-ended by a dump truck and it stopped at the back of the front seats. They were both injured but okay. However, had I been there, I would have been crushed between the dump truck and the back of the front seat. She called me crying hysterically how she was so glad I wasn't with them. I have to say I am really glad I didn't go.
                      That is freaking crazy!!!! These are giving me the willies.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                        When I bow hunted Maine black bears back in the early eighties, I was standing by a dirt Road waiting for the Guide to pick me up and it was pitch black. I heard something that sound like a human baby crying.

My Guide from Greenville, Maine said I heard a bobcat and they can sound like a crying baby?
                        No, but I am thinking I wouldn't like it since you asked.

Comment

Originally posted by TayHawk View Post
                          More than one time while hunting on our little section of family land I have hear what sounds like people far off yelling "help". It always freaks me out because I will hear it faintly but when I stop what I am doing and listen I can't hear it again.
                          The first time I was with my girlfriend and she too heard it while we were walking along a ridge squirrel hunting.
                          The second time I was cleaning a deer close to the road in the pitch black. That added with coyotes yelping close by made my skin crawl. I literally had to stand there for 5 minutes with a pistol in one hand, knife in the other, and my headlamp looking around before I could go back to work.
                          I was so scared I made an absolute hack job out of that poor doe.
                          I will never clean another deer alone up there at night. I'll drive back to my grandparents house or something, it was too creepy.
                          I wouldn't be real happy with a bunch of coyotes yelping nearby at the time I was dealing with a deer either!

Comment

I've experienced really weird things, such as hearing loud footsteps walk/run around the house multiple nights in a row pretty close to the same time every night. But I don't care to talk about the other things

Comment

Originally posted by M.A.T View Post
                              I've experienced really weird things, such as hearing loud footsteps walk/run around the house multiple nights in a row pretty close to the same time every night. But I don't care to talk about the other things
                              Well, that last sentence just leaves one to wonder.....

Comment

To hell with it, I don't care what anyone says I have had experiences in the woods where I hunt. I am not afraid of anything living on this earth, especially when I am hunting, but one experience has soured me on hunting a particular area of that national forest. I don't go in that part of the woods without purpose, but more on that later.

1st experience: I was bow hunting. Remember this is a huge national forest. I have never had any issues during gun season aside from being watched as I leave the woods. The difference between the traffic from bow season to gun season is astounding. It was unusually cold that year, it got very cold very early. So cold that my cousin and I opted to not go to our stands. We were tending to the fire and warming up some food. We had made camp at a clearing that is off a main 2-track and parts of it are adjacent to so old parts of the forest. I was in the back of the pickup checking on my bow when I heard a howl coming from the old growth. I wrote it off as coyotes. But then it got closer. For about 15 min the howls continued to get closer and louder. It was morning but full day light, we had a fire going, and these howl kept getting closer, but only from the old growth side of the clearing, sometimes there would be a call and an answering call. It got to where by the sound there should have been animals at the edge of the clearing. It got to the point where I took my bow out of its case and knocked an arrow, even clipped my release onto the string. The calls were very loud but then all of sudden they stopped. Just as they were at the loudest and closest, where I know if there was anything I should have been able to see it from where I was at. My cousin looked to me and asked me what the hell happened. Still no clue, he wouldn't sit out by the fire, and actually sat in the truck with it running for a while.

Some years later, I was out there with a bigger group of family hunting a nearby area for pat. For whatever reason my brother's dog bolted, I think it maybe scented a deer or maybe a fox. Anyway, we decided to split up and look for him. When it came to divvying up the areas. I volunteered to go into that part of the forest and call along the trails. I know my way around back there even though the trails end. So I went back there and starting calling the dog. When I got to the where trail ends I stopped calling and decided just to hike for a while. I was looking to pick up the trail again when the dog was suddenly in the middle of the trail. Right where I was looking not a second earlier. The dog was scared. I called to him but he didn't come to me, it was the only time it ever happened. The second time he whimpered and ran all the way back to me and was falling over himself trying to stay on my heel until we were back on the main trail and met up with everyone.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to "A little rebellion...."
                                  by 99explorer
                                  You jokers are just too clever by half.
                                  When the Teflon Don comes up for sentencing, he can tell the judge it was just a little rebellion, inspired...
                                  Today, 05:32 PM
                                • "A little rebellion...."
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  ...now and then is a good thing!"

This ought set off Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Stupid! LOL!
                                  --------‐‐-------------------------------...
                                  08-13-2022, 12:45 PM
                                • Reply to AG Garland is a real low life!
                                  by franchi20
                                  Merrick Garland has driven the last nail into the coffin holding any hope of reuniting this country in the near future. His demeanor shows his arrogant...
                                  Today, 05:22 PM
                                • AG Garland is a real low life!
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  We may question why presidents pardon the people they do.
                                  In the history of the United States, no person, pardoned by POTUS has had their pardon...
                                  08-13-2022, 10:18 PM
                                • Reply to National Weather Bouy's
                                  by MattM37
                                  We used to take canoes out on the St. Lawrence in the Thousand Islands and ride the waves from the big boats. Hard thing, teaching new canoeists to...
                                  Today, 05:18 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X