Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright I just had a bunch of fun reading all your scary stories... Here's that Ghost Story thread.Post up, I want a good scare... BTW I haven't been around too much lately... how's every one doing? Seth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright I just had a bunch of fun reading all your scary stories... Here's that Ghost Story thread.Post up, I want a good scare... BTW I haven't been around too much lately... how's every one doing? Seth

Alright I just had a bunch of fun reading all your scary stories... Here's that Ghost Story thread. Post up, I want a good scare... BTW I haven't been around too much lately... how's every one doing? Seth

I'm just going to cut and paste my post from the previous "scary story" thread to this one because it's my most memorable experience and because someone else may want to see it.
    "To Buckshottoo because he said in a comment under my previous answer that he wanted me to share a story but it's kinda hard to write long posts on a tablet in the little comment box. So anyway, in the back of the house there's a room with a large, about 4' wide and 5' tall, window. About 5-10 feet in front of the window is a rabbit cage that's about 2.5' tall, 3.5' wide, and 5' long. We move the cage around to let the rabbit have fresh grass and soil in its cage. The cage was about 7' from the window when I saw the thing. It was late at night and the moon was bright and you could easily see outside. I walked into the room and the window is at the right and I looked at the cage when I saw a pair of legs without a body move from the the cage to the right until it moved out view and was blocked by the wall to the right of the window. In total, it moved about 5' and I caught it out of the corner of my eye before it started moving. When I looked at it5, it started moving sideways along the cage at about walking speed. The legs didn't seem to move as in a walking motion when it moved. It was as if it just floated across the ground as it moved. I didn't just catch this out of the corner of my eye; I looked at them and noticed some stuff about the legs. The legs were a little taller than average legs and muscular looking, and I'm not real sure, but the legs looked grayish-blue in color. I didn't say anything until days later, and when I did mention it, I learned that someone else had seen a bodyless figure before too. And lastly I'm not some ghost or alien hunter, I don't think this was a little green man or a ghost, and I don't think aliens or ghosts exist, what I do think it was doesn't matter."
    I've also heard footsteps walk around the house late at night multiple times (other people have heard it too), seen unexplainable lights in the night sky (classic), and I've also seen another figure that I can't describe with as much detail. But a family member whom I was with could describe it better as he saw better.

Comment

I may be sorry I shared, but here goes. When I was about 10 years old, I shared a bedroom with my little sister and we had bunkbeds. My bed was the top. I woke up out of a sound sleep one night for no reason. I am laying there with my eyes open and I look towards my closet. I just about had a heart attack at age 10. Standing, in front of my closet was a cowboy. He had a flannel shirt, a bandanna around his neck, a cowboy hat, cowboy boots and NO face. Needless to say I was pretty scared. When "it" started moving towards me, I began to be terrified. "It" walked right up to the side of the bunkbed, reached his arm over the railing while I am in the process of scrunching myself into the farthest corner to get as far away as I could. "It" then takes just a couple of steps to the ladder and starts moving up the ladder. Well, don't you know, I woke my parents up mighty quick with my blood curdling screams. As soon as they barged into my room it disappeared. I couldn't sleep that night, I was hysterical. My poor parents had no sleep that night and they had to work the next day. It took awhile before I could sleep comfortably again. I never saw "it" again.

Comment

Originally posted by sg72 View Post
        I may be sorry I shared, but here goes. When I was about 10 years old, I shared a bedroom with my little sister and we had bunkbeds. My bed was the top. I woke up out of a sound sleep one night for no reason. I am laying there with my eyes open and I look towards my closet. I just about had a heart attack at age 10. Standing, in front of my closet was a cowboy. He had a flannel shirt, a bandanna around his neck, a cowboy hat, cowboy boots and NO face. Needless to say I was pretty scared. When "it" started moving towards me, I began to be terrified. "It" walked right up to the side of the bunkbed, reached his arm over the railing while I am in the process of scrunching myself into the farthest corner to get as far away as I could. "It" then takes just a couple of steps to the ladder and starts moving up the ladder. Well, don't you know, I woke my parents up mighty quick with my blood curdling screams. As soon as they barged into my room it disappeared. I couldn't sleep that night, I was hysterical. My poor parents had no sleep that night and they had to work the next day. It took awhile before I could sleep comfortably again. I never saw "it" again.
        Hang on a sec sg72, I am in no way trying to minimize what you experienced; but let me try and offer an explanation. There is a phenomenon known as sleep paralysis, even though for some people they can still move albeit minimally. In this phenomenon, you are wide awake but you continue to experience a nightmare. For some people they have actually died from a heart attack while experiencing this as the terror was so vivid their hearts gave out (this happens enough to be a noted trend). Now I don't know if that fits the bill or not, but it tends to be in some way related to narcolepsy so if that runs in your family it might be how it affected you. I'm just saying you hit on 2 key elements of it, so maybe that could be what you've experienced

http://www.wired.com/2009/08/sleep_paralysis/

Comment

Whether it was real or not (as in what Buckshot said), that'd be a truly terrifying experience.

Comment

I wasn't trying to say that there wasn't there I'm just offering up a possible solution. Without being in SG's shoes or having that experience my suggestion doesn't have any more weight than any other.

Comment

As in not real I mean like what Buckshot said. I don't want to belittle your experience because I've seen weird things too. It wouldn't be fair for me to call your experiences possibly not real and call mine real at the same time. I wasn't there and I didn't see it so I'm just gonna call it real.

Comment

Hey M.A.T., since Buckshottoo came up with a possible theory for sg72,
                I have one for you. You saw Invisible Man wearing nothing but pants. LOL
                Attached Files

Comment

I haven't gone to the link provided yet, as I have to get ready to go work. I will be back after 8pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                    Weird.

Comment

It's much more comforting to know that it was just a dancing invisible man outside my window. LOL

Comment

Nope. Thanks for trying though. I read the article. I was totally able to move and there was no awakening so to speak. I moved my eyes, saw what I saw and would soon be moving to the corner of the bed which was done before my parents barged into the room. “The subject awakes to consciousness of his environment but is incapable of moving a muscle; lying to all appearance still asleep. He is really engaged in a struggle for movement fraught with acute mental distress; could he but manage to stir, the spell would vanish instantly.”

Comment

You changed the picture! This one is better. lol.

Comment

No face as in no head? Or terribly disfigured?

Comment

Sg72, yes I found this photo a little later. I like how his clothes and glasses are floating on the air like MAT described. I just can't understand why the Invisible Man was staring at the rabbit at MAT's house. If he wants to stare, he should go to the girl's locker room showers instead. LOL

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hhs
                                by 99explorer
                                Does that include the presidential suite?
                                Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                              • Hhs
                                by jhjimbo
                                Hotels in CA have to give a list of empty rooms every day by 3PM so they can be given to a homeless person.
                                Yesterday, 04:13 PM
                              • Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                                by 99explorer
                                Remember to save the last round for yourself.
                                Yesterday, 11:37 PM
                              • FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                                by rock rat
                                Former US President Donald Trump has said his Florida home is being raided by the FBI.

Mr Trump said in a statement Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach...
                                08-08-2022, 07:39 PM
                              • Reply to AG Garland is a real low life!
                                by 99explorer
                                I have a strong feeling that we are not getting the whole story here.
                                A man wearing a $360,000 wrist watch does not serve 20 years in prison for...
                                Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X