Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody out there have a Fisheries and Wildlife Biology degree,if so, what can I do with one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody out there have a Fisheries and Wildlife Biology degree,if so, what can I do with one?

Anybody out there have a Fisheries and Wildlife Biology degree,if so, what can I do with one?

while getting on with a state or federal agency would be very difficult right now I would suggest a zoo job. they don't pay well but its a start that will get you experience with a wide variety of animals. go to aza.org to find some and good luck. I think it would be your best bet especially if you are fresh out of college

Comment

I was 1/2 way through a forest biology degree when I decided there was no money in it. I switched to business.

Comment

I got my B.S. in Fish and wildlife from Mich. State. I also got my master's in Natural Resources with a focus in fisheries biology. (Keep in mind I live in MI) It took me about 2 years of part time field work, before I landed a full time job. I currently work for a private consulting company that does mainly studies of ecotoxicology (contaminants in fish/wildlife and risk assessment for humans) which isn't exactly what I went to school for, but its a full time job. The job market in my field is very tight right now. All the state agencies are under a hiring freeze and have been for pretty much 3 years now. BUT, I love what I do and I get to spend many a day in the field "working" catching fish, "collecting" wildlife and all types of other sampling. You have to enjoy what you do, but I always say that they take the fun directly from your paycheck.

Comment

Matouse3 I agree with you 100% on doing what you love and them taking it from your check. If your not doing what you love then your not happy at home either.

Comment

Good answer matouse3 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad