Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite national forest for camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite national forest for camping?

What is your favorite national forest for camping?

i like the one thats by Senaca rocks, wv. you can hike, fish, and camp.

Comment

Superior National Forest. Very remote, very few other people, and a fantastic place to canoe. Includes the BWCAW (Boundry Waters). Besides canoeing, you can hunt/fish/etc. I was just camping there this weekend with my 2 & 3 year old kids. Still pretty cold this time of year (upper 30s at night).

Comment

Chequamegan National Forest, has everything. Great hunting awesome country, lakes and even waterfalls.

Comment

Manistee National Forest

Comment

Ouachita National Forest.
            Great hunting/Fishing.

Comment

Forgot to ask where's your's ?

Comment

I have only got to camp at the Kiabab National Forest near the Grand Canyon. It was so awesome. We drove from IN to CA and on the way back stopped at the grand canyon. Didn't want to camp in their camp grounds (too many people on top of each other). Found a nice spot (finally, I had read about dispersed camping but we weren't sure where to camp). We only saw one person as we were leaving. Most awesome camping trip ever. We saw elk and heard lots of other animals, great sunset.
                Not long enough but so much fun.
                Working on another trip to CA and would like to take a different route and visit a different forest.

Comment

The Clearwater and Nezperce National Forests of North Central Idaho. Huge swaths of ground with more wild places than any one person could see in a life time. Countless mountian lakes, streams, large world class rivers such as the Salmon, Clearwater, Selway, Lochsa with all with sea run Steelhead and Salmon, not to mention Cutthroat, small mouth bass, and many other fish species. All kinds of big game opportunities... All in the middle of the State with the most public ground in the lower 48...

Comment

medisenbow in wyoming if i spelled it wrong its in the bottem left side of the state nice park or big lake mizzou good ishin if you ask around

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Voter Fraud
                      by 99explorer
                      I am afraid Gen McInerney's legal opinion doesn't carry much weight against the words of the constitution, with emphasis on the word "only."...
                      Today, 03:39 PM
                    • Voter Fraud
                      by bowhunter75richard
                      For those who claim voter fraud is not happening......Google The Heritage Foundation/election fraud cases ! All states are listed.......it just might...
                      11-06-2020, 08:01 PM
                    • Reply to Voter Fraud
                      by crm3006
                      Well, if the slimy bandicoot won't recognize that I know treason when my nose is rubbed in it, maybe we should just get another opinion?
                      "This
                      Today, 03:10 PM
                    • Reply to NitroStick ML
                      by PigHunter
                      Looks like a good site. I just joined as PHunter...
                      Today, 03:03 PM
                    • NitroStick ML
                      by jhjimbo
                      What do you think of the NitroStick by Federal to be used with the TC NitroFire ? The Powder and primer are in a plastic tube that is inserted in a ML...
                      Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X