Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite national forest for camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samuel wilson
    replied
    medisenbow in wyoming if i spelled it wrong its in the bottem left side of the state nice park or big lake mizzou good ishin if you ask around

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    The Clearwater and Nezperce National Forests of North Central Idaho. Huge swaths of ground with more wild places than any one person could see in a life time. Countless mountian lakes, streams, large world class rivers such as the Salmon, Clearwater, Selway, Lochsa with all with sea run Steelhead and Salmon, not to mention Cutthroat, small mouth bass, and many other fish species. All kinds of big game opportunities... All in the middle of the State with the most public ground in the lower 48...

Leave a comment:

• goldylocks
    replied
    I have only got to camp at the Kiabab National Forest near the Grand Canyon. It was so awesome. We drove from IN to CA and on the way back stopped at the grand canyon. Didn't want to camp in their camp grounds (too many people on top of each other). Found a nice spot (finally, I had read about dispersed camping but we weren't sure where to camp). We only saw one person as we were leaving. Most awesome camping trip ever. We saw elk and heard lots of other animals, great sunset.
    Not long enough but so much fun.
    Working on another trip to CA and would like to take a different route and visit a different forest.

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    Forgot to ask where's your's ?

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    Ouachita National Forest.
    Great hunting/Fishing.

Leave a comment:

• matouse3
    replied
    Manistee National Forest

Leave a comment:

• huntcamp
    replied
    Chequamegan National Forest, has everything. Great hunting awesome country, lakes and even waterfalls.

Leave a comment:

• BuckTheSystem
    replied
    Superior National Forest. Very remote, very few other people, and a fantastic place to canoe. Includes the BWCAW (Boundry Waters). Besides canoeing, you can hunt/fish/etc. I was just camping there this weekend with my 2 & 3 year old kids. Still pretty cold this time of year (upper 30s at night).

Leave a comment:

• hunterkid94
    replied
    i like the one thats by Senaca rocks, wv. you can hike, fish, and camp.

Leave a comment:

• goldylocks
    started a topic What is your favorite national forest for camping?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad