• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think about the 20 gauge benelli nova pump

what do you think about the 20 gauge benelli nova pump

I think you should buy it. Good gun.

Comment

great gun. if you could, i would save up for the supernova instead. but both are very nice guns.

Comment

I have the 12 gauge and love it!!!!

Comment

I have the 12 gauge supernova and i love it. I use it for duck hunting. Very reliable gun.

Comment

I dont think it is as practical or reliable with as many parts as lets say, a remingtom 870.

Comment

Originally posted by shane View Post
              I think you should buy it. Good gun.
              Bought one used- cleaned it up, and took it out for some informal, winter close range patterning and a quick bunny walk. No luck with the critters that day, but it patterns very nicely with Federal Hi-Brass #6 out of its mod. choke.

So far, I'm pretty pleased. I love how easy it breaks down. I enjoy its different, somewhat sci-fi appearance. —Ultimately, I don't care about that stuff, so long as it's practical. "Function before fashion", and all that.

The worst I've heard from others about the Benelli Nova 20 ga. is that it feels a bit thick to some folks, and the "clacky" forend. (I'm not bothered by either of these issues.)

My own research tells me that replacement bits are pricey though. A new barrel (here in Canada, anyway) approaches nearly enough the cost of a new shotgun. The magazine end cap is priced in the neighbourhood of $60.00, which strikes me as insane...so I suppose I'll make extra efforts not to lose any of this firearm's doo-dads and pieces!

It's quite possible/likely that (overall) the 870 is a better buy. If you can, try them both out. I own a Mossberg 500 12 ga., and the aforementioned Benelli Nova 20 ga. I'm quite pleased with both...maybe someday I'll pick up an 870 as well!

Comment

Bought one used- cleaned it up, and took it out for some informal, winter close range patterning and a quick bunny walk. No luck with the critters that day, but it patterns very nicely with Federal Hi-Brass #6 out of its mod. choke.

So far, I'm pretty pleased. I love how easy it breaks down. I enjoy its different, somewhat sci-fi appearance. —Ultimately, I don't care about that stuff, so long as it's practical. "Function before fashion", and all that.

The worst I've heard from others about the Benelli Nova 20 ga. is that it feels a bit thick to some folks, and the "clacky" forend. (I'm not bothered by either of these issues.)

My own research tells me that replacement bits are pricey though. A new barrel (here in Canada, anyway) approaches nearly enough the cost of a new shotgun. The magazine end cap is priced in the neighbourhood of $60.00, which strikes me as insane...so I suppose I'll make extra efforts not to lose any of this firearm's doo-dads and pieces!

It's quite possible/likely that (overall) the 870 is a better buy. If you can, try them both out. I own a Mossberg 500 12 ga., and the aforementioned Benelli Nova 20 ga. I'm quite pleased with both...maybe someday I'll pick up an 870 as well!

Comment

Great Gun!

Comment

Great Gun!

Comment

Great Gun!

Comment

Great Gun!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How much is too much?
                          by FirstBubba
                          That's about as good an answer as there is, redangus.
                          When I worked in a sporting goods store and a customer asked me the "best caliber"...
                          Today, 10:12 PM
                        • How much is too much?
                          by FirstBubba
                          There is no doubt that a .30-06 Spgfld is more than adequate to actually slay a whitetail.

A lot of newbies come here and ask, "What...
                          Today, 09:40 AM
                        • Reply to How much is too much?
                          by jhjimbo
                          If the friend shot through a tree he must have had a full metal jacket solid. My BIL and I shot at a tree and he went through and my 30-30 penetrated...
                          Today, 10:10 PM
                        • Reply to More Bad News....
                          by jhjimbo
                          Wishing you get some reassuring news from the Vet. Be with her all you can and keep the faith. Will pray for you all. Jim
                          Today, 10:02 PM
                        • More Bad News....
                          by WA Mtnhunter
                          My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                          07-19-2020, 12:00 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X