Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best way to cook trout? Any good sites to go to for that? Spence in PA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Here is the link that could help you out a little bit
    http://www.quetico-canoe-trips.com/cooktrout.htm

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    Here is everything I've ever needed to know about cleaning and cooking trout.

http://linger.typepad.com/photos/clean_and_cook_em/

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    Nail the trout to some un-treated wood and put it close to the fire. The trout will cook through the wood.

Leave a comment:

• wally
    replied
    I normally foil wrap the whole fish and put all my herbs and spices in the cavity. I then roll up the foil and throw it on the grill. The fish comes out moist and flavorful.

Leave a comment:

• rjbedrock
    replied
    Oh, I forgot. And potato pancakes!!

Leave a comment:

• rjbedrock
    replied
    Easy, cast iron skillet, bacon grease, and breaded trout

Leave a comment:

• cjmurdoch
    replied
    For me, it depends on the size of the fish. If they're around a pound, I make sure to clean 'em and get 'em on ice as soon as they're off the hook. In camp, or at home, I scale 'em using the back of a butter knife to get rid of the slime organs and oogy stuff. Then I just toss 'em in a black iron skillet with a little butter and salt inside. Cook 'em slow until the skin starts to peel away from the flesh and turn over. Repeat. Serve with fried taters and a cold beverage of your choice. Hope that you enjoy as much as I do.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Salt and pepper roll in corn meal and fry in butter.

Leave a comment:

• wandering owl
    replied
    Over an open fire right next to the stream you caught it from, if you can. Either roll them in flour, cornmeal and seasonings and pan fry till the skin gets crispy but the flesh is still moist, or butterly them and put in a fillet basket and roast over hot coals.

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    Smoking it is really good like Charley said. If you are up in the mountains cut off the head and fry them up in a fry pan it makes good eating.

Leave a comment:

• driggs5454
    replied
    grill it after rubbing lemon juice and lemon pepper on it or whatever your favorite seasoning for fish is.

Leave a comment:

• kjflorian
    replied
    All good posts above. I prefer to smoke them. It's a good way to cook up several of them at a time, then seal them up, and pull them out to snack on throughout the year.

Leave a comment:

• koeka
    replied
    My opinion is the best way is the simplest way, wrap trout in foil, coat with butter and bread crumbs. 350 degree oven for 20-30 min. Works great with salmon as well.

If you are going to pan fry keep the heat at a medium with butter and light seasoning

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad