Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most illegal thing you've ever done while hunting? please share. also please include why you did it. no minuses guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the most illegal thing you've ever done while hunting? please share. also please include why you did it. no minuses guys.

What's the most illegal thing you've ever done while hunting? please share. also please include why you did it. no minuses guys.

some people do illegal things while hunting. some things are stupid, some make sense. i've shot a deer with a .22 before to put it down because my grandpa forget the ammunition and we only had 2 cartridges. we didn't notice it until we got out to the stand to load up. i had brought the .22 to shoot some squirrels in case we werent seeing the deer. he ended up shooting a 7 point in the leg and the second shot didn't quite put the deer down after about 15 minutes and instead of letting the animal suffer i walked up within 20 yards of him and popped a couple shells into its neck. i thought we handled it well, although it was illegal. it easily put him to death. it was a bad deal.

Comment

Saw some people all dressed in white doin' some weird stuff in the distance way out in the middle of nowhere in VT. Not sure if they were some sort of cult or the KKK. Shot 'em all dead.

Comment

Never done anything illegal while hunting.

Comment

I was Turkey hunting while I was on probation, wich I wasnt supposed to be in possesion of a firearm while on probation. Well anyways I saw some turkey while driving from my camp during turkey season and saw like 5 turkey to the left of the road so I hoped out of the truck and took a shot from the left side of the road. After that a bunch of fish and game people came out of nowhere and gave me a ticket for shooting from the road. I was really nervous because I thought I was going to get in big trouble from my probation officer, but when I went to see him and tell him what happend he said my probation period was over and asked me to sign a form and I was sooooooo relieved.

Comment

Growing up in the wilds of Idaho I can't say I didn't do at least a few dumb illegal things out in the woods, but I can say at least I eventually learned I could have a lot more fun and enjoy nature better by following the rules, vs always looking over my shoulder for blue lights.....

Comment

Not while hunting but after hunting I have in the past partaken in a few adult beverages before I was of legal age to do so.

Comment

Same here Golfing Sportsman.

Nate

Comment

There's been a time or two i probably failed to meet the "hunters orange" requirements while bowhunting during a dual season( muzzleloader or junior day), not smart, but i made it, unscaithed.

Comment

Shane,
                    That's too funny.

The most illegal thing I've done? I'm sure I'm no different than a lot of guys. I left my license at home once but hunted anyways. Little things like that can happen to anyone.

Oh wait. Once in Canada I took the four wheeler to a bait station way back in the remote woods. I was not wearing orange while driving the 4 wheeler. I learned later that's a big no no. The guide never told us until one guy rec'd a $600 ticket. Ouch.

Comment

When I was bow hunting during the late season in WI (DEC) we had snow on the ground and the moon was so bright it was like daylight, I never shot nothing but if was fun to watch nature at night!!! Coyotes looking for food and the deer looking for drop corn I forgot I was hunting!! Man was that a fun night!! Finally I looked at my watch it was 1:00 am oopps!!

Comment

Reid Jones,

I would have done the same thing, when the DNR finally come the deer whould be spoiled!!! Its not like you killed the deer, you just put it out of its misery!!!

Comment

I have to say that every hunter sometime or another did something that was illegal to some extent. Hours, shooting from a road, tresspass, ect.. even though they do not admit it.

Comment

When I zipped up my gun in my case (in the bed of my truck), I accidentally left it unclosed by about 2 inches. When I was stopped by a DNR officer, he told me that he was going to "let me off easy" by not giving me a ticket for that. jeez.
                            About 10 buddies and I were up N. in MI fishing the hex hatch all night. At around 9am we went back to our trucks and went to sleep. We awoke to a DNR officer writing us all tickets for camping on state land without a permit (which is free to print off the internet and just has to be pinned to the tree). We got off due to the fact that the rule book states that "camping" is sleeping between the hours of 10pm and 8am. Jerk still cost me time in court to fight it and gas money to drive back up north to go to court.

Comment

I've hunted without my orange on. I wear it to and from the stand but usually take it off while in the tree. That's about the only thing I do that's illegal. I've never hunted past hunting hours, or taken over my limit or anything else I can think of.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad