Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess it would've been more appropriate to do this trivia 4 days ago on Columbus Day but I just thought of it today. We all know Columbus wanted to find a route to Asia via a direct westward route across the Atlantic from Europe, but does anyone kn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess it would've been more appropriate to do this trivia 4 days ago on Columbus Day but I just thought of it today. We all know Columbus wanted to find a route to Asia via a direct westward route across the Atlantic from Europe, but does anyone kn

I guess it would've been more appropriate to do this trivia 4 days ago on Columbus Day but I just thought of it today. We all know Columbus wanted to find a route to Asia via a direct westward route across the Atlantic from Europe, but does anyone know for what reason he wanted wealth from Asia.

I forgot, no cheating or peaking.

Comment

I know the answer, but what would be the fun of getting it on the first post and not letting anyone else try?

Comment

To find and watch topless island girls doing the hula dance?

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkghost View Post
          Because refrigeration did not exist. SO People invented ways to preserve their food. Columbus Day is the day for making Wine.

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkghost View Post
            Because refrigeration did not exist. SO People invented ways to preserve their food. Columbus Day is the day for making Wine.

Comment

This is just a guess, but I think he was hitting on Queen Isabella of Spain, and she was a high-maintenance broad.

Comment

Frequent flyer miles?

Comment

He needed the extra income so he could afford the stuff at Cabelas.

Comment

I may be "mistooken", but I believe the spice trade was in full tilt.
                    That or silk.

Comment

Since people have guessed now I'll answer. Columbus wanted wealth to launch another crusade to the Middle East so he could retake Jerusalem, a crusade he believed the Bible prophesied about him leading.

Comment

Redhawk is correct. Columbus hoped to find a westward route to Asia so he could conquer that continent to fund a crusade to the Holy Land which he hoped to lead. Columbus was a devout Catholic who is said to have said the daily Catholic prayers and chants more than the average priest. Columbus presented the Spanish royalty his Book of Prophecies which was supposedly an interpretation of the Bible. His book said that the world would end in 1650 and that before that time he had to personally lead a crusade to liberate Jerusalem to fulfill the Biblical prophecy.

Comment

He was looking for the 99 virgins the Muslims talk about.

Comment

To get Happy Ending! LOL.

Comment

He wanted a route to increase trade so that it was easier to get items such as silk (which was a VERY popular item) to Europe without having to take the "silk road" which was a very dangerous path at that time.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Court Says.....
                                by jhjimbo
                                Can not restrict concealed carry.
                                Lawyer on TV says Court should look at history and tradition. If we did that we would be burning witches at the...
                                Today, 01:01 PM
                              • Reply to You guys are sleeping
                                by Danbo
                                What? How?
                                Are they not true?

Did I hit a nerve ?

Every thing I said is true. Our criminals have many handguns without...
                                Today, 12:56 PM
                              • You guys are sleeping
                                by fitch270
                                Can’t believe I’m posting this first.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna17721
                                06-23-2022, 11:54 AM
                                by jhjimbo
                                I said a permit could stop someone who should not get one, period. All the other qualifiers you added and really, they sound stupid....
                                Today, 12:30 PM
                                by Danbo
                                The sheriff does it here in NY also but yet the criminals still have any firearms that they wan in NY. Ohio must have no gun violence if you think the...
                                Today, 12:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X