Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was recently reading a book and i figured out once again how hunters are at times called unethical. They were disuccing the p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was recently reading a book and i figured out once again how hunters are at times called unethical. They were disuccing the p

I was recently reading a book and i figured out once again how hunters are at times called unethical. They were disuccing the perfect shot an a "trophy" deer. Presumably a 4 pointer with no brow tines or something like it. Any way, the hunter said his friend used to be a sniper and that he would snipe people int he head. Well, the buddies said that would be cool to do on a deer, so after years of practice, he shot a deer through the fore head. He was so excited he got a full body mount with the head and bullet hole un covered. I realized that at times the press and media have every right to call some, using the term loosely, "hunters". This upset me to the point where i set the book down and walked outside. Any experiences such as this? The book was called the Perfect Shot written by Elaine Marie Alphin.

Sounds like a fictional book written by an Anti?

Comment

Yes, this type of display(?) is one of the reasons I don't often watch TV hunting programs. Woo Hoo, look at me...! I just shot an animal with a large centerfire rifle cartridge and hit the mark as I should have and it died. All hail the conquering hero... Sorry, I just wasn't raised that way.

Comment

I like hunting and fishing shows that revolve around tips, tactics, and education. I've got no problem with hunting writing and media in genera. In the case of this book, my first reaction was along the lines of Steve182's. Was this a work of fiction, or the work of a supposed outdoors writer. I don't know the author. It would be upsetting as a fictional depiction, but fantasy is fantasy and I'm sure we all know, although probably not associate with, someone who would find that amusing and worth doing. If it was supposed to be a serious discussion it's not upsetting, it's infuriating.

Comment

well it seems like a typical "Labeling" situation like at my school. see im a new freshman so you can see it alot in high school. its also sort of like guilty by acssotiation. see, hunters kill deer. so when sombody makes a bad decision when it comes to hunting, we all get looked upon badly. in my opinion it needs to stop. we are not all the same nor will we ever be so why treat us the same?

Comment

I'm not a Fan!

Comment

I'm not a Fan!

Comment

I'm not a Fan!

Comment

I'm not a Fan!

Comment

I'm not a Fan!

Comment

I'm not a Fan!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad