Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody shot the Remington 770? Why uncles got one in a .270 and i've shot about 5 rounds out of it and i must say i don't like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mdik
    replied
    I have a Rem.770-270 for target use only. Don't let anyone tell you the gun is no good. It has a good kick os my has a mussle brake and I shoot off a leadsled on a concrete bench useing Serria 135 matchkings, 56 grains of 4831sc powder.
    1/4" groops at 100yds. 3/8" groops at 200yds.
    scope is a ospray 40 power. All cheap stuff and I'm shooting with the best .In most cases It not the rifle IT IS THE SHOOTER.
    Sandfly

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    My friend shot one and He say it's a POS!!!

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    I haven't shot one but it is not uncommon for a new bolt actions to be tight just out of the box. You might try oiling the daylights out of it while you work it back and forth about 300 times. This will wear down the tight spots, bluing, etc. that might be making it bind. If that doesn't work, you could have a POS.

Leave a comment:

• 007Dom
    replied
    ITs probobly cheap a POS.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Ive seen a 710 with a composite bolt. Not impressed. If it shoots good groups it may be ok for a hunting rifle assuming you can operate the action effectively. Don't know whether you should lube it or work it repeatedly until it loosens up. For a cheap package gun i'd buy a Savage.

Leave a comment:

• rocky d bashaw
    replied
    a friend bought one,i shot it and i didnt know just when it was going to fire each time. the trigger system is horrible and bolt is not smooth either,bad move on remingtons part to put their name onit.

Leave a comment:

• jlfreeborn
    replied
    I know on the model 710, the bolt was covered in some sort of plastic or rubber crap. All that did was make the bolt rough to operate. Could be the same on the 770 since that's just a reworked 710.

Leave a comment:

• Reid Jones
    replied
    yes i know it's a cheap POS but what makes it such a bad bolt? is it made from a different material than nicer rifles?

Leave a comment:

• CJ
    replied
    I think you answered your own question. It is a cheap POS and most of us here stay away from such junk.

Leave a comment:

• Anybody shot the Remington 770? Why uncles got one in a .270 and i've shot about 5 rounds out of it and i must say i don't like

Anybody shot the Remington 770? Why uncles got one in a .270 and i've shot about 5 rounds out of it and i must say i don't like it. It's a cheap little gun. It's pretty lightweight and it does put some pretty groups on the paper, but the bolt action is so dang hard to use. it's really stiff and is not smooth at all. can anyone tell me what makes it so unsmooth? i think it might be because of the composite stock. maybe i'm wrong. another possibility is just because it's a cheap gun and made out of cheap parts. anyone?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad