Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday to Happy Myles! How'd you celebrate??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to Happy Myles! How'd you celebrate??

Happy Birthday to Happy Myles! How'd you celebrate??

Happy Birthday and all the Best.

Comment

Happy Birthday Happy,
      Enjoy your birthday and may there be many more in the future.
      Here a birthday joke for you;

Q: What's the easiest way to remember your wife's birthday?
      A: Forget it once!

Comment

Birthdays are good for you.
        The more of them you have, the longer you live.
        Have a happy, Happy!

Comment

Thank you all for the kind thoughts. Gary my wife forgot my birthday, I never forget hers. We are celebrating today with dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant. Yesterday, my granddaughter was flying in from New York, so we celebrate today.
          I received a gift worth mentioning. I discovered years ago one of the best good will gestures in back country around the world is the gift of Polaroid Pictures, especially children. Modern technology did away with Polaroid for years. Now there is available a smaller version, I received one for my birthday. A couple weeks from now I will begin my two month trip to Africa, and look forward to the pleasure of giving kids big and small, photos of themselves and allowing them to take pictures themselves. Kindest Regards To All

Comment

A couple Polaroid experiences that were heart warming. Twenty years or so ago, I was sitting in my tent at 15000 feet in Tajikistan. My interpreter announced himself with a request that at first sounded very important. Would it be OK to take pictures of some of the young men to send home to their girl friends? They lined up joking and one by one we took care of business, there was a supply vehicle leaving the next day willing to assume delivery. Another time, in the jungles of South Western C.A.R., I had an identical request from my Pygmy staff. A dozen or so lined up and I took their photos one at a time. They all posed stiffly, refusing to smile, this was serious business, a missionary was leaving in the morning for their home territory with money, tobacco, small gifts, and the pictures for the families. No cell phones in their neighborhoods.

Comment

Happy birthday Happy Myles. Good hunting and safe journeys!

Comment

Happy Birthday..Old Man and may they never Stop.

Comment

Forget about the past, you can't change it.
                  Forget about the future, you can't predict it.
                  Forget about the present, I didn't get you one.

Have a happy one, Happy. But try not to go overboard on the whole birthday thing, too many will kill ya'!

Comment

Happy Birthday Mr Myles. May your travels be safe and successful!! What is your intended game on this trip if I may ask?

Comment

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a year of great adventures and memories ahead!

Comment

Happy Birthday, and I hope this year brings some more good memories. And remember the saying "The older the fiddle the sweeter the tune."

Comment

Sounds like a fine day for you even if it was a day late. Thanks for sharing those wonderful memories.

My 62nd birthday is coming up in a month. Guess my present will be getting my first Social Security check. Hopefully it won't bounce. Birthday is now a sad time overshadowed by one memory. My wife died that weekend four years ago. She was visiting her family in Eastern Ontario when the accident happened. She didn't forget my birthday. Two messages were on the voicemail. "Happy birthday. I know you're out goose hunting as usual but I wanted to call anyway ..." "Sorry I missed you again. You must be out to dinner with Jessie. Just called to say I love you ..." I still have the recordings but haven't listened to them since then.

Speaking of goose hunting. Opener is this morning. It's pouring down rain but I'm going to drag Opal out and see what we can find. Pearl has been a little down the last day or so. Think I'll leave her at home. And the pup is not dressed for this.

Comment

Pray,
                            The first safari will be in the Zambezi Delta. Primary animal will be Cape buffalo, that area has pretty good nyala, and Chobe bushbuck. I have taken all of these animals, so it is more of an adventure for me with no specific goals in mind. This first part began with an invite by a well known writer, my ego would not let me say no. Second area, just my wife and I,will be for plains game near Lake Natron, an area I have not explored, no new animals just plains game and more buffalo. Last safari, the southwest end of Lake Victoria for East African sitatunga and serious big buffalo.

Comment

Thank you for the preview Happy. It sounds like you've got your travels planned well. I wish you and your wife the best of luck. Please post pictures of your adventures and success if possible. They're much enjoyed.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Court Says.....
                                by jhjimbo
                                Can not restrict concealed carry.
                                Lawyer on TV says Court should look at history and tradition. If we did that we would be burning witches at the...
                                Today, 01:01 PM
                              • Reply to You guys are sleeping
                                by Danbo
                                What? How?
                                Are they not true?

Did I hit a nerve ?

Every thing I said is true. Our criminals have many handguns without...
                                Today, 12:56 PM
                              • You guys are sleeping
                                by fitch270
                                Can’t believe I’m posting this first.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna17721
                                06-23-2022, 11:54 AM
                                by jhjimbo
                                I said a permit could stop someone who should not get one, period. All the other qualifiers you added and really, they sound stupid....
                                Today, 12:30 PM
                                by Danbo
                                The sheriff does it here in NY also but yet the criminals still have any firearms that they wan in NY. Ohio must have no gun violence if you think the...
                                Today, 12:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X